cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When calling a certain #, the phone will just hang up

KS12
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've only noticed this with Public Mobile provider: when I call my work, after 7 rings, the voice-mail is programmed to kick in and you can leave a message. However, when trying with a Samsung and Apple phone who's provider is PM (Public Mobile), it always hangs up before getting to the voice-mail and I'm not able to leave a message. However, when someone else calls that had a different provider, they get the voice-mail and are able to leave a message. Does anyone know why this happens?

5 REPLIES 5

KS12

I did try without the 1, and same thing. Hangs up. 

KS12

Oh, and I do have a 1 in front of the #.

@KS12 

is that a Canadian phone number?

If you check your Usage log on My Account, does that phone number show up?

https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/plan/usage-details

Any of your friend using Telus or Koodo? can you ask them to check for you as well?

And I think it is best to open ticket with support and have them to investigate further:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

KS12

Just to clarify: this is when I call the company i work at, from my cell, it will automatically hang up before I get to the voice-mail. When other coworkers call, the company voice-mail comes up. It doesn't for me, it hangs up before it gets to the voice-mail each time.  We've even reduced the # of rings and it always hangs up before the voice-mail kicks in. 

I had someone else with Public Mobile try, N the same thing happens. When other people call that don't have Public Mobile, they get the voice-mail  

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@KS12 

so, someone else call that same number can leave a message?

did it just happen today or yesterday? or this is a problem for long time? 

first , try reboot your phone 

if you have been calling using 10 digits, try to call with a 1 in front of it. 

On the other hand, if you are already calling with a 1 in front of the 10 digits, try only call using 10 digits without the 1

Need Help? Let's chat.