cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When and How to Use the Tag feature

Koombassi
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Appreciate knowing more about this feature. 
Thanks for any responses. 

8 REPLIES 8

Koombassi

Hey Esjliv, please no apologies on this.
I'm still wondering if there is a difference between a Tag and the @feature. Any confusion here is of my making.
The response from folks on this is incredible!

Seems to me when posting a response I can either:

a) simply press Respond and type away, or

b) Preface the Originator's name with an @ sign, or

c) Do both a &b, or throw in a Tag!

I feel as if I'm painting myself in a corner with this. 
I'll chalk it up to aging. 

@Koombassi wrote:

Perhaps a bit thick-headed here. Do I put the @esjliv in the Tag box before typing a response?

@Koombassi I added a tag to your 2nd post in this thread. Click on it and see what happens.

Do you see what I see below in your 2nd post? Called "Question about tags" under Tags (1):

esjliv_0-1627354056640.png

From the TAG I created, "Question about tags" now shows up under my TAG section under My Profile under my Community Avatar (top, right of the page).

Try adding a TAG to your own or someone else's post then you will find it under your Profile as well.

@Koombassi  yeah.. i use tag mainly for attention.  Usually I tag the original OP when I reply a message

I like using tag cos the person would get a notification (Bell icon on top right) and he/she will know.   🙂

@will13am wrote:

@Koombassi , message tags help to support searching.  Members don't seem to leverage searches that much and so tags are somewhat of a solution seeking a problem.  

ohhh, I think @will13am may have been more on the button of what you were asking....TAGS, sorry, I may have been off base there.

Yeah, I don't use TAGS really at all. Some do, to quickly reference threads/people/topics.

@Koombassi wrote:

When it comes to tagging other members, this is really just a tool to get the attention of another member. Sometimes, it gets used because of the quote function being broken on mobile browsers.  As for you message tags, these act as keywords, but i've never actualy used the feature myself.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Koombassi , message tags help to support searching.  Members don't seem to leverage searches that much and so tags are somewhat of a solution seeking a problem.  BTW, we used to use PMGUIDE in the message tags to help with finding high quality support posts.  

Koombassi

Perhaps a bit thick-headed here. Do I put the @esjliv in the Tag box before typing a response?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Koombassi wrote:

@Koombassi  - TAG, you're it!

Did you get a notification since I added an "@" symbol in front of your name?

When there are many people responding to one post, it makes the responses much more easier to follow, when you know who the post is being directed (tagged) to.

Need Help? Let's chat.