cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whatsapp Verificaiton Code Issues

RafLux
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everyone, 

• I lost my iPhone 14 Pro which had Whatsapp Business App on it.
  • I bought a new phone and successfully transferred the original phone number via eSIM to this new device (iphone 15 Pro). So I am able to receive both calls and messages on this device coming from the same phone number.
  • I installed WhatsApp on the new phone and started the verification process on the new device, and I was able to enter the first code, but only via call. 
  • When I am asked for a second code, the app does not display any time left, and both options for "send code' and "call me" are greyed out 
  • I have been stuck in this phase for more than two days and I really need to get access to my WhatsApp again. I even tried to install and uninstall the app again with no success. 
  • This only happens with WhatsApp, I am able to receive calls and messages from every other source. 
  • I already contacted Whatsapp and they have no clue what is happening
  • I have received a few codes, but with very long delays. Most of the time the code expired.

I really appreciate your help guys, it seems to me that this could be a configuration issue on Public Mobile, but I am not sure what to do.

Thanks again

5 REPLIES 5

on2wheels
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Similar issue: got an iphone, so I deleted the account on my Android phone, installed whatsapp on iphone, attempt to get the sms code but no luck.  Waited the hour, still no code, and it won't call the phone either.

Nobody seems to know why, whatsapp or Apple. Sounds like pub mobile doesn't know either.  I gave up.

satisssss
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@RafLux  Is the issue solved? If so how

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@RafLux 

Check to see if the iPhone 15 is set to the correct time and time zone.

Also check if Critical Alerts is enabled. Go to Settings>Messages>Notifications>Critical Alerts.

RafLux
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks, I'll wait 3 days and see what happens..

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @RafLux 

sometimes, these 2FA code and calls need couple days to get through after porting.  Please wait at least 72 hours and try again

Need Help? Let's chat.