cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's with all the dropped calls lately?

PBForMe1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Myself and friends/family have been with PM for years never had an issue with dropped calls but this week we're all experiencing them... what's going on?

12 REPLIES 12

HI @PBForMe1 

try manually connect to Public mobile on your network selection, see if it helps

PBForMe1

@Mnc wrote:

Oh I forgot to mention I turned automatic Network selection off and have my phone locked to public, I've rebooted restarted and the problem still persists.

Yeah I've been talking to friends and family and I can't quite figure out any common setting among everyone LTE/4G/VOLTE 5G/4G plan it just seems to be dropping quite a bit lately.

This is the big reason I moved away from Freedom if this keeps up gotta move again. 

Mnc
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Oh I forgot to mention I turned automatic Network selection off and have my phone locked to public, I've rebooted restarted and the problem still persists.

Mnc

I have a very similar experience the past couple of weeks I've been having calls randomly dropping all the time. Especially when I'm talking to other people on public mobile.

Dtack
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thanks - will try this.  I have also contacted Raluca at Support to see what they recommend!

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@PBForMe1 

More customer complains about voice quality and dropped calls.  I forwarded this issue to PM staff, but will need to wait to hear their response. 

From a different forum (reddit, RFD), one customer had the following fix:

For iPhone:
settings>>>cellular>>>Primary>>>network selection>>> turn off automatic network selection and reboot

Dtack
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have been having a lot of dropped calls as well within the last couple of months.  I have tried everything, and now think I will contact support to see if they can figure it out.  

Wdee

Been experiencing dropped calls as well past few days. Got CS to reset but got a call dropped next day. Annoying.

Amped

Same issue here.  Been noticing it for a few months but definitely getting worse.  Happens on my families phones as well.  Something is broken on Public Mobile's systems! Dropping on both VoLTE and 3G.

PBForMe1

No nothing has changed on our end, and heck my phone doesn't even support 5G lol. I've seen a couple other posts on the front page about dropped calls here and on other forums so I'm wondering if it's a known issue or what. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@PBForMe1 

that should not be happening.

Has their location and general area using the service changed at all?

I’d recommend rebooting the device and resetting network connections.

If the problem persists, contact the customer support agent and ask them to reprovision the account.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @PBForMe1 someone just said change to non 5G might help. Just leave with 4G or LTE 

Need Help? Let's chat.