cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's up with this?

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

I tried to reply to a thread and the message below popped up. No amount of hitting enter would clear it.

Screenshot 2023-11-15 at 11.43.48 AM.png

Only allowing 1 message every hour? LOL

9 REPLIES 9

I think I've seen that mentioned here before. I've not had it myself. I think it doesn't like that two word term.
I had the flooding message last night. I was typing a one word answer (as I sometimes do to a direct question). Got that error. Added two more words and it worked. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

@kb_mv 

the flooding error usually just that it senses you clicked to resubmit too fast

For the other  error, not sure if your message contains link or copy and paste or some kind of format (like Bold, or colouring).  Whenever you see such error message, best to select all you typed, delete it and then right click and select "Paste as plain text", that always works for me

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@dust2dust @will13am A new one this morning, see the pic below. Hook ups are not permitted lol. When I try and submit anyway I get the post flooding message.

Screenshot 2023-11-16 at 10.27.20 AM.png

And yet I can post this.

Wow. I don't know then. And then this got through. ?? Maybe try another browser or clear cache or use incognito and see what happens.

@dust2dust I just tried again and can't post to the same (S23 5G) thread. And my last 3 attempts to reply here gave same error.

Yes I was going to say to try that same thread. I have seen that message on extremely rare occasions in my time here.

@kb_mv wrote:

@dust2dust wrote:

Well, you got here. 🙂 Did you maybe click post a couple times?

@dust2dust No, I have posted over 2400 times and have never seen this message. It only appeared on that thread, and you are correct I was able to post here.

Edit: It appears I can now reply to a different thread. Weird but all good now.

Maybe you experienced a rug pull.  

@dust2dust wrote:

@dust2dust No, I have posted over 2400 times and have never seen this message. It only appeared on that thread, and you are correct I was able to post here.

Edit: It appears I can now reply to a different thread. Weird but all good now.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Need Help? Let's chat.