cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What qualifies you to recieve $1 in Community Rewards?

allagelman
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Does it involve how many badges you earn while participating or is it about the detail provided in your posts?

14 REPLIES 14

@HALIMACS wrote:

Great question - it would be great of Public Mobile could provide clarity exactly how the Community reward program works.

Badges are just for fun recognizing how long you are participating in Community. Somebody once provided approximate table how long you have to be here AND participate, how many solutions you have to have how many Bravos, etc. Search and you will find it.

As for 'secret formula' I would not like to know it. Imagine PM reveals you can get $10 for posting 500 posts. Forum will be swamped with zillion meaningless posts as Some (wink, wink, nudge, nudge) will be very eager to earn those $10.

Main idea of Comm reward, in my opinion, is to try to help other customers. Since PM has no on-line paid staff to assist new clients they cleverly came up with idea that existing clients can help newbies. For that effort they get 'paid' few bucks and everybody is happy.

We have very knowledgeable and helpful customers here and I personally love to read their replies in order to learn more about PM and mobile phone technology in general.

Keep up with great works guys and Happy New Year everybody!!!🎅❤️

jib_tech

@allagelman 

I'm pretty sure it's 24/7 for the higher amounts but I'm sure they make it fairly easy for the lower amounts to encourage members to learn the ropes of pm so they are not bugging the CSA's for every little thing.

allagelman

@jib_tech 

Hey the way you put it sounds very easy to qualify. I had initially thought you had to participate like 24/7 during the month in order to qualify. 😂

Thanks for the helpful tip!

jib_tech

@allagelman 

It's not that hard. If I have time I spend an hour or two a couple of times a month and try to answer a few questions or give my two cents worth which usually adds up to a $1 community reward.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

They are awarded once every 30 days.  You would only get the award based on your participation once in a 30 day period.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/the-community-reward

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@allagelman wrote:

Does it involve how many badges you earn while participating or is it about the detail provided in your posts?

@allagelman 

Great question - it would be great of Public Mobile could provide clarity exactly how the Community reward program works.

However, basically, the more content you post, the more activity you create in the Community (by way of replies, bravo's, & solutions), the more likely you'll climb the ladder of the Community Reward.

You should be aware getting $1 or $2 is fairly easy, however getting to the $10-$15 per cycle range requires a daily commitment of time.   The reward is calculated sometime between the 1st week of each calendar month and is placed in your Community reward bucket (shown on your self-serve landing page) to be used as a 'credit' toward your next renewal.

A wise user has once posted you'd be better off spending the time collecting refundable bottles and cans.

Zyl

@allagelman wrote:

I have read somewhere in some posts that it's based on a secret formula so nobody knows how it's rewarded.  So try to be as helpful as you can and always bravo people for their answer, that's my suggestion.  You will find people are really friendly and helpful here on the Public Mobile community forum.  

Zyl

@allagelman wrote:

Let's say you qualified for the $1 community reward for this month. Would Public Mobile notify you right away or would you only get notified after the billing cycle ends?

You will see it when your plan is auto-renewed on your payment date.  That's when I see it.  I didn't get notified at any other time.  You will see it showing up in three different places in "My Account".  It will be displayed under "My Rewards" on the "Overview" tab, "Transaction History" on the "Payment" tab and under "Rewards" (appearing as a sub-heading) on the "Plan and Add-On's" tab appearing as "Helping Others".  It was a pleasant surprise.  🙂

Hope it helps.   

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@allagelman   It's hard to say exactly what participation level will earn the different rewards.  But for $1, I think around 10 to 20 replies in the month with some Bravos would help.

PM usually load the rewards on the 7th of the month into your Self Serve account

@computergeek541 wrote:

@allagelman wrote:

Let's say you qualified for the $1 community reward for this month. Would Public Mobile notify you right away or would you only get notified after the billing cycle ends?

It's show up in your Self Serve account within the frist third of the month.

Just to clarify it is added the following month.  So December rewards are issued in January

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@allagelman wrote:

It'll show up in your Self Serve account within the frist third of the month.

allagelman

@allagelman wrote:

Badges don't earn rewards.  Rewards are based on participation. There's no set number. The rewards are based relative tot the participation of others.

Need Help? Let's chat.