cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best gateway equipment for linking my home phone lines into my public mobile services.

homephone
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Fancy voip gateway device ? Android software ? Bluetooth gateway? Skype Gateways?

Phone phone device with android software and ptsn ports? what apks? Computer modems?

What have you used to link voip and or skype and cell services with your old phone lines?

I have looked at many devices for this over many years. LMK what worked best for you!

31 REPLIES 31

homephone
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Poogzley wrote:

@Jb456 wrote:

The one issue I have..is if power goes out. The ZTE has a back up power that last for like 12 hours so no problem there but the cordless phones is the problem as there is no backup power for the base unit so the phones don't work. 

@Jb456What model are you using? My ZTE MF279T Rocket Hub lasts about 48 hours on standby when useing battery power.

What it even has a battery? wow! So this works in a black out?

I take it these devices would send a high voltage pulse on the line so that really old bell phones would still ring?

Mines wf721. That's fine and not the problem as it has backup power for like 12 hours. It's my actual cordless phone set that has no backup power so I have to plug in an old phone if I need to make calls when power goes out.

@Poogzley wrote:

@Jb456 wrote:

The one issue I have..is if power goes out. The ZTE has a back up power that last for like 12 hours so no problem there but the cordless phones is the problem as there is no backup power for the base unit so the phones don't work. 

@Jb456What model are you using? My ZTE MF279T Rocket Hub lasts about 48 hours on standby when useing battery power.

Poogzley
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@homephone wrote:

@Poogzley wrote:

@Jb456 wrote:

I take it these devices would send a high voltage pulse on the line so that really old bell phones would still ring?

I don't know if it provides enough power to make those old phones that have a real mechanical bell in them but is works just fine with my AT&T CL2909 and most other semi-modern phones I have tested.

Image result for att home phone wired handset

@homephone 

It does not use traditional landline. It's basically a cell phone with no text or data.

You have box pop in sim and then plus cord in for you household lines.

It uses the cell network instead of landline network (if that makes sense)

So yea, if power goes out it still works just like a landline would work in a power outage yet it works through the cell towers.

If you live in an area with spotty cell coverage in your house you would actually have to find a spot in your house will good signal just like a cell phone.

@homephone wrote:

@Poogzley wrote:

@Jb456 wrote:

@Poogzley wrote:

@homephone wrote:

@Poogzley wrote:

@Jb456 wrote:

I don't know if it provides enough power to make those old phones that have a real mechanical bell in them but is works just fine with my AT&T CL2909 and most other semi-modern phones I have tested.

Image result for att home phone wired handset

I use a phone like that when power is out. Of course no caller id but it works (cause you need power plug for caller id)

@homephone Don't know what it is, but the gateway from Koodo home phone service works flawlessly for my daughter. Recall a post somewhere that reported it works with PM SIM.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Poogzley

@Luddite wrote:

@homephone Don't know what it is, but the gateway from Koodo home phone service works flawlessly for my daughter. Recall a post somewhere that reported it works with PM SIM.

@Luddite It seems that Koodo is currently offering the ZTE WF723 Wireless Home Phone

Screen Shot 2019-09-04 at 9.53.33 PM.png

Might I also add that Koodo's 1 year promo offering service for 5$/Month seems like quite the deal [Again this is not an endorsement of the product or service]

Screen Shot 2019-09-04 at 9.56.51 PM.pngDetails: https://www.koodomobile.com/phones/wireless-home-phone

That's what I got from them like 3years ago..but model 721..guess they upgraded to 723....same price also $5 a month for a year but looks like price went up a bit for device. I paid $50 it's $65 now.

@Poogzley wrote:

@Luddite wrote:

@Luddite It seems that Koodo is currently offering the ZTE WF723 Wireless Home Phone

Screen Shot 2019-09-04 at 9.53.33 PM.png

Might I also add that Koodo's 1 year promo offering service for 5$/Month seems like quite the deal [Again this is not an endorsement of the product or service]

Screen Shot 2019-09-04 at 9.56.51 PM.png

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

If you stay with them after the year it's still cheaper then a traditional line from bell..It was $20 a month after the $5 year promo.. probably same now.

Poogzley

@Jb456 wrote:

If you stay with them after the year it's still cheaper then a traditional line from bell..It was $20 a month after the $5 year promo.. probably same now.

or you could port over to Public Mobile after the first year is up and keep on saveing 😜

Need Help? Let's chat.