cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is exactly "unlimited international text and picture messaging" ?

Tritanix
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

My current plan $34/40GB has "Unlimited Canada-wide minutes and messaging plus unlimited international text and picture messaging"

Does " international text" mean I can send AND receive SMS text from Europe/USA?

If yes, then, sorry for my low tech question, just to clarify. Does that mean I can put in my Android Message app a phone number from Massachusetts, USA or France and exchange text msg with those recipients at no charge?

7 REPLIES 7

Tritanix

@kb_mv wrote:

@Tritanix There will be no invoice. You will never be charged for something after the fact. You pre pay for service and anything that works is included. To be honest SMS/MMS to anywhere isn't a technological wonder nor is it unusual for it to be included in plans.

I think I might have a pre-paid system. The account is setup to debit my credit card monthly. Thanks for the explanation. Now I have a clearer idea of the meaning of "pre-paid".

"SMS/MMS to anywhere isn't a technological wonder" : maybe for other countries. But here we are in Canada and in particular with Public Mobile. When I visited friends in France, they have a lots of features like 120GB, international calling, and even international roaming for price which is equivalent to entry level plans in Canada. I am rather low tech using the phone very little. I am used to the idea that phone plans in Canada are very limited. As a proof, with my $34 plan, calling New York is not possible. But calling Vancouver which is 5x further away is possible.

@Tritanix There will be no invoice. You will never be charged for something after the fact. You pre pay for service and anything that works is included. To be honest SMS/MMS to anywhere isn't a technological wonder nor is it unusual for it to be included in plans.

hi @Tritanix

no need to worry about the bill. PM is pre-paid?, you oay before you can use any service, and if you don't pay ahead and still able to is, it means it is free.  And it is true texting to other countries is absolutely free

Tritanix

Incredible! Indeed, I have just tested successfully a few messages to a French recipient. Surprising that Public Mobile is technically capable of this kind of thing.

I looks really too good to be true that Public Mobile would allow international SMS for free. I will wait for the invoice to be 100% convinced.

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

FYI...you can use the search bar on the community home page to educate yourself for all things related to Public Mobile.  You'll find instant answers there. 😊

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Everything you assume is correct.
Unlimited messaging means just that - unlimited SMS to any part of the earth.

I do that regularly with Europe... For MMS you have to have data ON but it will not use your data allowance.

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You can text to anywhere, from Canada.

Need Help? Let's chat.