cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do I do when Public Mobile double charges me?

Hmtech1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

What do I do when Public Mobile double charges me?

thanks

12 REPLIES 12

@Hmtech1 

It looks like you subscribe for the 90 days cycle of the $39 4G plan rather than the 30 day cycle plan.

Did you or someone in your family switch to the 90 days cycle because PM doesn’t just randomly switch you over unless you changed it on your account.

Still not quite. Can you show us the other payment history items? Can you tell us what numbers came out of the credit card? It looks like 2 charges of $37. But where did $29 come from? Did you intend to change to the roaming plan for $45. Looking for the details.
What numbers came out of the credit card and what each detail line is on the payment history here.

Adding - the numbers still don't make sense. So if 2 charges of $37 were taken then minus the alleged $29 that equals $45 which is not the right amount of tax on those tax lines. Those tax lines would be for a charge of $37. It seems to be a mess but we could use more detail still.
Support may not be answering you yet if you have contacted them, so we can try to track down where something went wrong while you wait.

Hmtech1

Here the picture 

74179C8A-A326-4B10-90AB-23937D465699.png

What are the transactions on your credit card? Can you give us some more green coloured transactions on your payment history here too. The taxes on the $39 is for $2 in QC. The other one is for $37. You have a $37 balance on the other transaction. So something is possibly working out but what actual money are you out on your credit card. More information needed.

Hmtech1

i dont know why my plan change to 5G , I was changed back to 4G . (My phone dont have 5g option )

That looks like you made two plan changes. Why? There is no pro-rating here as a warning under the plan change says. And interesting taxes on the $39 one.
dust2dust_0-1691095573333.png

@Hmtech1 did you make a plan change that day?? did you use Change Now for the change?

PM is prepaid provider and usually do not provide refund. But  if you made 2 plan change on the same day, likely they understand and can help. Please message them

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Hmtech1

double charger.jpg

While refunds aren't usually granted, getting money back won't likely happen. It would be more likely to get credited back in this account. But I'm trying to figure out what kind of payment was made thus my earlier questions.

Hmtech1

what i can do to get money back?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Is someone else using the phone, like a kid? If you signed up recently then did you have any troubles initially signing up?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Hmtech1 

Where you see the double payments?  Were they on the credit card or were they on the Payment History on My Acocunt (https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/payment/payment-history ) ? 

If you see them on your credit card, check if one of the charge is just a pending charge while only one of them is the posted charge

If they are on Payment history on My Account,  please note that each renewal will show at least two transactions on payment history on My account.  Only one entry shows actual PM charge, show how much PM charged your card and applied the amount to your Available Fund in My Account.  The other entry, likely couple hours later on the same day, will be showing how PM uses the money from your Available fund in My Account for plan renewal.

Post us a screenshot of you have questions 

If you are certain there are more than one posted charges (and not pending) on your credit card and you cannot find where the extra money went, engage support for further investigation by mesasging them here:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there
Need Help? Let's chat.