cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are my options for my using my phone in Thailand

jjamroziak
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I will be travelling to Thailand in a few weeks and was wondering what my options are for using my phone over there with regards to texting, data and roaming. I have the $60 package which has international text, does that work or do I need to purcahse a package? Can I purchase a roaming package that would work over there?

Thanks for any help.

Josh

5 REPLIES 5

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@jjamroziak If you opt for the Textnow suggestion forward your PM number to it before you leave;  easy to see who's been trying to call you.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@jjamroziak wrote:

Hi,

I will be travelling to Thailand in a few weeks and was wondering what my options are for using my phone over there with regards to texting, data and roaming. I have the $60 package which has international text, does that work or do I need to purcahse a package? Can I purchase a roaming package that would work over there?

Thanks for any help.

Josh

When you arrive at your airport destination, you'll be able to procur local sim card with great inexpensive plans.

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@jjamroziak 

@jjamroziak wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for any help.

Josh

Sorry to tell you that PM does not offer any package for roaming outside of North America. 

Once you are out of North America, you will have to find different options to use your phone.

You can google "phone plans in Thailand" and read more about them before you do go.

CLICK HERE is an article I found about getting a Simcard there.

Enjoy your trip

cheers

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You could buy a local sim or use Gigsky.  If you have access to wi-fi then you could use apps like Skype, Fongo, or Whatsapp.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

None. Public Mobile only offers roaming Addons for the USA.  

You would have to buy a local sim card in Thailand.

Alternatively you could look into the app called TEXTNOW. You will have a Canadian number in your area which will allow you to text and call Canadian and USA numbers for free over wifi or data connection. People can text/call you and even leave you a voicemail when your not connected.

Additionally international text is while you're in Canada...or have a USA ROAMING add-on while in USA

Need Help? Let's chat.