cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Is This Number? 1 (833) 988-3838

Proton45
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

As my father is hospitalised, I watch his account as I am his caregiver. Today, I noticed an OUTGOING call to the following number: 1 (833) 988-3838. Is anyone aware of this number and why would a very-ill senior citizen call out to this number? My father would never make such a call as he can barely make the calls I programmed into his phone. I am simply protecting my father and his account. I have never seen this number before in his account which I track to ensure his safety. Please advise.

Thank You

22 REPLIES 22

Proton45

I wish to thank ALL OF YOU for your assistance. I am pleased to read your posts which seek only to help me with my father. Bless you all!

Proton45

Thank you very much. 

@Proton45 wrote:

Thank you. Thank you all for your assistance. You have no idea how much I do appreciate it. I am very paranoid regarding my father's safety.

You are welcome. Obviously, a stressful time for yourself and the family.  Hoping for a speedy recovery for your father. 

Proton45

Thank you. Thank you all for your assistance. You have no idea how much I do appreciate it. I am very paranoid regarding my father's safety.

@Proton45 

Personally, I don't think that anything criminal is happening. 

It is likely some background activity between your dad's phone with Public mobile.  Your dad or anybody else is not calling the number.  

A very similar number is what I see when Eversafe login sends me the confirmation code for login.  

Customer service agent can confirm to ease your mind. 

Proton45

Thank you. I have submitted a ticket with Public Mobile CS. I would not normally be as concerned if he were not alone in a hospital filled with perhaps shady characters who would not hesitate to take advantage of an ill, disabled senior citizen. At least I know what I will be doing tomorrow and it will not be pleasant. 

HI @Proton45 

look like you are really concern about the number.   We cannot provide you more info, so it is time to ask PM CS agent to confirm if it is really a number from EverSafe or voicemail.  please submit a ticket with CS Agent here:
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437  

Proton45

When I call the number, this is what I have transcribed...

'Thanks for the call. Configure your number's voice URL to change that message. Let us know if we can help you in any way during your development.'

Proton45

No. The data tells me if he dialled-out or received a call. According to the logs, he dialled-out to this number which exists nowhere in his Contacts and he is incapable of manually-dialling the number. This suggests to me the possibility one of the nurses may have accessed his phone. If such is the case, I may be required to contact the police. 

Proton45

I called the number even if I am extremely paranoid. I wish I could record it and attach it to my post. You see, my hearing is not the greatest but it does seem like some kind of voicemail, but it is not his. I know everything about his account as I control it. 

Proton45

I tried a Reverse-Lookup. Nothing. 

Proton45

Hence why I am concerned. As for the valuables, I took them away the moment he was admitted to the hospital. 

fixin
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Proton45 - Here is a similar thread from last year: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/URGENT-Phone-lost-Cannot-log-in-Cannot-re...

It was solved by Handy1 with submitting a ticket to CS_Agent.

Right. But when voicemail is dialed or when someone leaves a voicemail, it looks like HE dialed. It's weird. Why don't you try to call the number to find out?

Wellersbayview

If a reverse look-up doesn't help, report it to the hospital/care-home management. Good chance an employee is accessing your father's phone while he is unaware/asleep. Keep an eye on his valuables, if any, too.

@Proton45 wrote:

It is not his voicemail. I know his voicemail number, and due to his poor eyesight, he is incapable of manually dialling out any number. I have never seen this number ever, until today.

It isn't a voicemail number with PM. Use the link provided to ask CSA to investigate.

Proton45

According to the data, HE called this number. It is not his voicemail. 

Proton45

It is not his voicemail. I know his voicemail number, and due to his poor eyesight, he is incapable of manually dialling out any number. I have never seen this number ever, until today.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Proton45 

use this link to message Customer Support with your question...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

fixin
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Proton45 - Could that be his voicemail that he was calling? There are numerous numbers, and did you try call that number? Here is all of the phone numbers for voicemail: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-Numbers/...

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

That is voicemail. Someone either called and it went to voicemail or you checked voicemail.

EDIT: To confirm this, dial his number at a certain time, write the time down, leave him a voicemail. Then, check the numbers again and see if it shows up again. That will be your answer.

Need Help? Let's chat.