cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Info do I need from Public Mobile to switch providers while keeping the same phone number?

BoomDigital
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I want to switch cell phone providers, however I want to keep the same number. What info do I need to make sure I can keep the same phone number?

4 REPLIES 4

@BoomDigital 

Sorry to see you go....to be prepared for when you do decide to port out make sure you leave a few days of active service in your 30 day cycle in case to you encounter any issues when porting you will have time to get them fixed. At the very least you will need to provide the following:

1. Full name on your pm account.
  2. Your pm phone # to be ported.
  3. Your pm account # (top right corner of your overview page.)

You may also be asked to provide....

1. Your 4 digit account pin #.
  2. Your phone's IMEI #.
  3. Full address on your account.

Remove your autopay card from the account before requesting to port your number out. Leave your pm sim card in your phone to reply YES within 90 minutes of receiving the PAT(porting authorization text) from pm. Your port will complete within two hours and your pm account will be cancelled and closed. Then you direct any further questions to your new mobile provider.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BoomDigital 

get New SIM card for new provider, and keep your public mobile Activated to you can Transferring Your Phone Number,

Make sure that you have the old SIM card in your phone when you're porting your number. You should get a SMS message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to port your number. Your reply should be: YES.

The confirmation message can take a few minutes to come in. You have 90 minutes from the time of request. 

before you transfer old number , go to your account and remove your Autopay.. and when you do transfer your number your account with public mobile will be closed automatically..

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BoomDigital : The new provider are the ones to help you. Generally either account number or IMEI. Leave this SIM in until you get the text to confirm.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You need to keep your PM account active during the porting process then it will be automatically closed after the port.

Here is more info.  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Need Help? Let's chat.