cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Does 'Limited' Plan Entail?

socialserviette
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My plan is a talk and text 50 minutes and 50 texts. The wording is a little misleading on the phone plan description perhaps, because it says: '50 minutes of Canada-wide Talk'

Except I'm pretty sure this is not Canada-wide, as '200 minutes US AND Canada long distance calls' is an add-on, one I can't remember but I think I had to use for this reason. Am I correct in this? Or are long-distance calls included in the 50 minute plan? Any help is really appreciated!

-J 🙂 

9 REPLIES 9

If you had the 500 minute/$5 Canada Calling add-on as well as the 200 or 400 minute Canada and US Calling add-on (3.5 to 4c a minute), AND you run out of your 50 minutes of included calling, calls anywhere in Canada (even local) will consume the 1c minutes and calls to the US will consume the 3.5 to 4c minutes. 

AE_Collector

socialserviette

thank you all for your help, it is really appreciated. Great community and the incentive is smart on their end to reward those who help. Good to know 500 domestic minutes is more worth-while. 

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Hi @socialserviette 

You are probably confused because they talk about canada long distance and canada wide and at this point everything you see on the webpage is canada wide. The reason is that not long ago there were also province wide calls. Plans were a bit cheaper so in order to call outside of the province that you were currently in you would need to buy some long distance minutes.  Those plans are not offered anymore, but people still have those plans, so that language is still current. Too bee honest even if they got rid of all those plans, it may be quiet an effort to go back and check every small print, i believe public is trying to use human power when it's more needed at the moment

@socialserviette wrote:

My plan is a talk and text 50 minutes and 50 texts. The wording is a little misleading on the phone plan description perhaps, because it says: '50 minutes of Canada-wide Talk'

Except I'm pretty sure this is not Canada-wide, as '200 minutes US AND Canada long distance calls' is an add-on, one I can't remember but I think I had to use for this reason. Am I correct in this? Or are long-distance calls included in the 50 minute plan? Any help is really appreciated!

The "limited" part only refers to the number of minutes or text messages included. There are no other restrictions compared to the other Canada-wide calling plans.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@socialserviette  Canada wide does in fact mean Canada wide. The 200 minute Canada/US addon was probably purchase to add minutes to you plan. That add-on allows you to call anywhere in Canada or the US. Public later released a 500 minute Canada wide addon for $5 (better value for those that don't need to call the US). For limited calling plans it is recommended to purchase an add-on to be able to still call in the event that one's minutes have been used up before their plan renewal.

@socialserviette wrote:

Is long distance in Canada included in the plan then?

Thanks!

-J 🙂 

Just to add to what @Daps has already confirmed, the 200 mins add-on is required if you need to make calls to the US (which your 50 plan minutes will not allow), however, those add-on minutes will also allow for you to call within Canada if you depleted your plan minutes.

But you would be advised to get the $5/500 Canada wide minutes as a supplement instead of the 200 mins add-on.  All domestic add-ons will roll over every month until used up.

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yes you can call any number in canada while you are in Canada.

If you need more calling minutes, the $5 calling add-on gives you 500 talk minutes.

socialserviette

Is long distance in Canada included in the plan then?

Thanks!

-J 🙂 

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You have the $10 plan which is no longer available to new customers.
It includes 50 minutes of canada-wide talk and 50 international texts.

If you use up all your calling time or need long distance minutes, you can purchase one of the calling add-ons.

Need Help? Let's chat.