cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Were my rewards applied correctly?

Johnroyh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Here is my story.

Prior to Oct 14, 20223 I was on a higher 30 day plan. I requested a plan change to occur on Oct. 14, 2023 to the $34.00 90 day plan. (20 GBs x 3) = $102.00 plus taxes

My rewards are as follows:

Autopay: $2.00  , RAF: $4.00  , Loyalty: $5.00 

So I would of thought that amount charged would be $102.00 - $11.00 x 3 (because it is a 90 day sub) = $69.00  plus taxes.

What I was billed was $102.00 -$11.00  = $91.00 plus taxes. 

I think they are wrong , but in my conversations with a mod, I was informed I was wrong. She tried to explain it to me, but for the life of me, I couldn't move from my thinking?

Am I wrong in my thinking?

Thanks, John

2 REPLIES 2

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

The new system is programmed that all $ rewards for RAF and loyalty are applied at the end of the cycle and/or every 30 days. Autopay rewards are added to available funds in the afternoon before renewal night (night 30 or 90)

So you are at the end of a 30day cycle. In the afternoon before renewal / switching to the 90day plan your rewards for autopay: $2.00  , RAF: $4.00  , Loyalty: $5.00 are applied to your available funds. During renewal the system fetches (plan cost - available funds) + tax from your credit card.

Afternoon of day 30: RAF: $4.00  , Loyalty: $5.00 are added to available funds.

Afternoon of day 60: RAF: $4.00  , Loyalty: $5.00 are added to available funds.

Afternoon of day 90:  RAF: $4.00  , Loyalty: $5.00  and $6 (3 x $2) for autopay are added to available funds.

Unless you have used some available funds to buy add-ons during your cycle, on renewal night your available funds are $33 from rewards (plus any funds you've manually loaded, of course). The system is taking  (plan cost - available funds) + tax from your credit card. 

Should you have decided to switch back to a 30day plan, say the $25 plan, the system would apply $25 from your $33 available funds.

This screen shot shows how the rewards are adding up over the 90 day cycle.

Screenshot 2023-09-07 11.21.49.png

Adding: should you choose to let the account go into suspension, you'll still have the rewards from the previous cycle because they are applied separately several hours before the system attempts to charge your credit card.

mojorising
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

When you start a 90 day plan for the first time you only have a 30 day 1x reward applied
Once you complete the 90 day plan, you will have 30 day x3 rewards applied on your next billing cycle.

Need Help? Let's chat.