cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome Back LTE Plans!

Nothing earth shattering price-wise, but an improvemnt over the "3g" speeds:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans#plans-start

I think that the $41.25 plan will be very popular. It includes 4GB.  Those on the Fall Promo plan might consdier switching because of the included Canada-wide calling.

The following price plans are also offered, all including Canada wide calling and the regular SMS/MMS services:

$45 6GB

$55 8GB

$60 10GB

$65 15GB

$85 25GB

$95 40GB

14 REPLIES 14

farmbot
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

$5 Discount from loyalty/autopay

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Comparing plans to Koodo Prepaid, $45 and below plans have 1 extra GB.

Kristowhy

@smp99 wrote:

Adding unlimited data at slow speed after main data used up would have made this a much bigger announcement.

Agreed.  4G speeds at your plan data allowance and then fallback to 3G (up to 3Mbps) speeds once past.  This would one-up Lucky Mobile which reverts to a nasty 128kbps speed after plan data exhausted.  Lucky however does not have the data buckets that we do here at PM.  

@farmbot 

Your $5 rewards were from Loyalty/Friends referral/Autopay?

the rewards have always been tied with account and not plan.  I believe it will stay

and Add-ons speed always tied with your base plan speed, I think it would be the same, too 

@LeePublic   I doubt you can.  But this thing is always YMMV.  

I would open a ticket with PM Support, but ask them to escalate and check with senior staff.  A lot of time, the junior rep will just "read the script"  and say no to you.  There was at least one promotion that PM confirmed staying with the allow price plan , you can keep the 2GB bonus. 

Kristowhy

@farmbot wrote:

I have a couple questions.

I'm on old rewards with $5 discount on 3G plan.

If I switch to 4G plan the $5 discount applies?

And about banked data bucket. It  will be 4G now?

Thinking about switch.

TIA

Koodo prepaid has the same 3G and 4G plans now and after following community discussions there, data bucket speed was tied to the speed of your base plan.  So if you had a 3G plan, your data bucket operated at 3G, and vice versa.  Koodo got rid of all 4G and LTE verbiage on their booster pages so it only has Canada data.  One had to dig into the tiny print or ask online to get clarification.

I can only speculate that it would have similar behaviour here on PM, but we'll have to wait for an official answer to that.

LeePublic

Does anyone know if I switch from my 3G plans, I can keep my bonus, permanent 2GB data with the new plans? Think it has to be $35 minimum. I wouldn't mind paying a few extra bucks for 4G speed. I've been waiting for this moment, as I wanted to take advantage of faster speeds for my Samsung Galaxy A53 while keeping my old rewards system.

farmbot

I have a couple questions.

I'm on old rewards with $5 discount on 3G plan.

If I switch to 4G plan the $5 discount applies?

And about banked data bucket. It  will be 4G now?

Thinking about switch.

TIA

Not that Lucky, but wishful thinking though.

smp99

Adding unlimited data at slow speed after main data used up would have made this a much bigger announcement.

Metal1967

Noticed none of the plans include calling to the US, Canada wide only. Is this a new change also? Haven’t noticed until reading the new plan details 

@softech wrote:

So, the "old" 3G plans, no more requirement of Autopay to get extra 500Mb

Are you sure that any of them ever did?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Thanks for sharing @computergeek541 

So, the "old" 3G plans, no more requirement of Autopay to get extra 500Mb

The 4G plans, it was "leaked" to some members before via email 2 weeks ago.  I thought Oracles asked PM and PM representative said they wasn't aware of it.  🤔

And the new plan, interesting that they have $41.25.  Used to be always in .00, that one single plan has .25.  Interesting.

GR
Mayor / Maire

Now if only these new plans could include volte! 

Need Help? Let's chat.