cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weak data signal

NAR1980
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I live in Newfoundland and for the past month or so I’ve been having horrible connection issues. I only ever have 2 bars max but mostly just 1. I travelled to Gander and Grand-falls a couple of weeks ago and could not even connect to Facebook. My husband has been having the same issue which leads me to believe it isn’t our phones. We have iPhones. This is new to us, we’ve never had these issues before now. We recently switched to the 20 GB Data at 4G Speed package. Any advice is welcome. 

8 REPLIES 8

@NAR1980  Pick 3G and see if they helps with voice 

NAR1980

I have an iPhone XS. I found the right spot but it only has LTE and 3G as options

IMG_7515.png

luke49237

If they are running the current version of IOS it would be under the cellular data options.

I live in rural Nova Scotia and I often toggle this between the settings 5G, LTE and 3G for better speeds. I also have the same issue, but it’s not limited to public mobile. I have been with many providers over the past few years and they all seem to be the same for reception.
F5A945C7-8723-4A18-A15B-2170B091CB4A.jpeg

@NAR1980 

what brand of phone is that?

you are on the wrong screen.  You are at Network Selection screen, you should be looking for network mode

@NAR1980  Can ask support to investigate 

message support directly

while your already here and logged in the community you can send a private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

NAR1980

In Network Selection the only option there is to toggle off or in automatic.

IMG_7508.png

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@NAR1980  Try  setting your network to 3G and see if that helps . And text in diffident areas 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@NAR1980 

Try changing your Network mode.  You are on 4G plan, but you can also test using 5G or 3G

So, go to the Network mode settings on your phone, change to one with 5G and test , change to one with 4G only  and test , or change to 3G ONLY (WCDMA only)

check the different settings and see if it makes a difference

Need Help? Let's chat.