cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We both are getting dropped calls, multiple locations, two different phones, software is updated.

DougWillems
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My wife has a brand new iPhone 15 and I have an older Samsung Galaxy 7. We switched from Koodo (Telus) and Bell to both being on Public two months ago but since have gone from an extremely rare dropped call to having dropped calls pretty frequently. Both phones have updated software so its not that. We both shut off our phones once or twice a week and that doesnt seem to make a difference either. Hers has an eSim and I just reinstalled mine so we'll see if that makes a difference.

The drops happen everywhere - when we are at home (rural, 2 out of 4 bars), when we are driving, when one is driving and one is stationary, when both are driving, when we're at home and also when Im away on a trip, so its happening with multiple towers and connections. They happen between us and also with other callers.

We have made these calls for years with our past service and very rarely dropped a call but its happening so often now its frustrating. Like 3 drops in a 40 minute call. Very frustrating. Help.

3 REPLIES 3

DougWillems
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Sounds good. Ive reset mine.
Little concerned about hers as I dont know if resetting the iPhone erases contacts?

I already submitted a service ticket before I remembered you could post questions here.

porcupine
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

me as well  it fails all the time you need to contact an agent this is my second time in a month to fix this issue .no fix yet

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @DougWillems 

Galaxy 7 does not have VoLTE, and PM and Koodo would use the same 3G network on Galaxy 7, so it is weird your calls are getting dropped more frequently here

but try to "Reset All networks" first on both phones

if that is not helping, then please ask CS agent to refresh your accounts.  please submit a ticket with CS Agent using this Chatbot link:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type the question "Submit ticket", Then click the following in order: "Contact Us" ,  "Other",  "Log In".  
If any issue with ticket submission, you can  submit by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437        

Need Help? Let's chat.