cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Was my account suspended?

david59
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I received a text on July 24th saying my card was going to expire at the end of the month. I would have to go to the self serve and update some information. Yesterday my phone went "out of service" and I could only make emergency calls. Can someone tell me what happened?

10 REPLIES 10

david59

Thank you very much softech. When I entered the manage the payment method I then realized why my account didn't just auto renew when I was sent my new card with the same number and activated it. That's because of the security code that changes as well as the expiry date. So, in the end, all is well now, and I learned something new. Only lost one day of service. I wonder why I didn't know about this? Is it in a tutorial somewhere? Thanks again softech

@david59 did you check Payment page, Manage Subscription and the Update payment method

https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/payment/manage-cardhttps://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/payment/manage-card

david59

Hello BKNS27,

I went to my account but could not see the CC info.

@david59 

There could be a glitch in the system but to be sure. Login to your account and go to the Payment section and check the CC info.

@david59 so, you have no service now?

you didn't call the card to reverse any PM payment?

If you cannot even login, I guess you need to message support at this point for further investigation

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

david59

So, after not receiving an answer to "Was my account suspended", I noticed on my credit card statement that the money had been paid for services on July 27th. So, you might figure that they had made a mistake and only cut my services for one day. Not the case. Today Aug. 1st I get another text declaring that my card is expired. This is false. I have as well as many others lost my I.D. for the community, was not aware of all the changes, and don't even know how to access my personal account information. Can anyone help with this? I am "lost...in...space"

Maybe you're not fully understanding what the service is here. It's a 30 day contract. You agree to pay up front for 30 days of service and the company agrees to provide that service. It's not a pay as you go service where you put some money into a pot and draw on it for every call or text or megabyte.

So your renewal date is when the 30 days ends. By default, autopay is turned on with your credit card.
It would seem the text was right and the card expired and so autopay was not able to work and so the service stops because it didn't get paid up front.

Now you need to make a manual payment to restart the service.

The deadline in your current monthly plan. Example: June 30 to July 30…renewal date is July 30.

Also call Current Subscription cycle…PM recently change the name from renewal date.

david59

What renewal date?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@david59 

When is your renewal date?

You can check by login to your account or dial 611 on the status.

Also, check to see if there is an outage in your area if your account is still subscribed (Active).

https://istheservicedowncanada.com/status/telus/map 

Need Help? Let's chat.