cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to port my number from Virgin to PM?

Kgopaul05
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello. 

My month to month phone number is still active with Virgin. I just registered an account with PM online using my email etc. I don't see an option to pick a monthly plan and enter my number to port over to Public Mobile. How do I go abouts doing this?

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

Shubh2023
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I guess you can buy prepaid vouchers to pay for it & when I was trying to activate mine, I just found they were only allowing credit card, however they had options to pay with promo codes or add referral code, at the bottom of the page! But, from next time onwards, you can redeem vouchers to pay for it, as you can add amount to the account & it will auto-deduct during renewal dates. 
For the 2nd question, I am not exactly sure, but I guess it should not be a big concern, considering most of the things are in your name still! 

Kgopaul05

I did not activate a new PM account with a temp ph number, no.

Kgopaul05

Thanks to everyone for the responses! 2 further questions..

Id like to purchase prepaid PIN vouchers every month to pay for this monthly plan. I did not want to use a credit card to pay every month. However, when choosing my plan and ordering the sim now, it is making me use my credit card to pay for the $34 plan. Is this a must? is this only for the first time? Is there a way to pay with a voucher this first time?

Second question...the PM account being used right now is my sons. I am activating it for him, but the virgin mobile number I would like to port is is my name. (It is his phone and number but in my name. I officially am moving in into his name with PM now when porting it over.)  will this be an issue when porting? do the names on the accounts, both Virgin and PM have to match to port the number?

Thanks again in advance.

fixin
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Kgopaul05 - Yes, you can order it online for free within the activation page (May take up to 4 weeks for delivery) or you can buy a SIM card at any Mobile Klinik store or at some Koodo / TELUS stores.

They do cost $10 in store or $5 on Amazon. The $10 can be waived by a CS_Agent providing you with a $10 one time credit.

Link for a CS_Agent:

⬇️Click the link for an Agent * ⬇️

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/xYpc_I

If the link above doesn’t work, please go here to create a ticket to CS_Agent: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

* - CS_Agent will typically get back to you within 48 hours. They work 7 days a week from 9 AM to 10 PM EST.  You will be required to login to your Public Mobile Community Account to contact CS_Agent. Once you are finished making the ticket with CS_Agent, please ensure that you monitor for an agent because they may notify you asking for some information via Private Message, in your mailbox by clicking this link here: Messages

So step 5 is getting SIM card then step 6 is porting from Virgin Plus to Public Mobile. What I recommend is to keep the Virgin SIM card inserted until there is no service on the SIM card, then you should be ready to go on Public Mobile!

Bacsi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just as an FYI, if you haven't ordered your sim card yet you can buy one at any Telus store or Koodo kiosk.

Kgopaul05

Thanks. It's giving me the option to ship a sim out and pay the $34 for 50GB plan right away. Is this normal? Just to be clear.....order the sim, pay for the plan now, wait for sim to come out and THEN I'd be able to go through the process of porting my number to Virgin to PM?

Thanks

fixin
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Just activate your service within the Public Mobile app and your EverSafe ID login will work.

If you are using eSIM use the Public Mobile App for activation

If you bought or want to buy a physical SIM card within the Activation page, the App or the Web interface will work

Web: https://publicmobile.ca/en/ab/load-mobile-app

Shubh2023
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Go to publicmobile.ca, select a plan, login in with email, if you have a SIM of PM with you, good, else you can order one off Amazon or any Telus/Koodo store, then follow the steps to register the SIM and then go for porting! Ask here, if you are stuck in any steps! 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Kgopaul05 

Did you activate a new PM account with a temporary PM phone number?

Here is some more information:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ab/get-help/articles/transfer-your-number

Need Help? Let's chat.