cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to keep my current number, Wanting to switch from Rogers to this company

logieop
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

What is the process in switching to this company from rogers and keeping my phone number I currently have with Roger’s? 

2 REPLIES 2

Wdee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

1)pick ur plan => leads you to account creation

2)create your PM account

3)buy sim/esim (eSIM is more instant than physical sim, for obvious reason) first check compatibility by providing IMEI number on your phone.

4)sim purchase will go through and lead you to activation page. **make sure you are connected to wifi at all times during this**

5) choose to provide your phone number and old account number from previous provider. 

***do not take out old sim, wait for 2 text messages from old provider. You must answer “yes” to porting out confirmation from old provider.

5) activation is pretty quick-you will be able to call out but not accept calls until PM has completed porting in…could take half hour to a few hours.

6)reboot phone

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @logieop 

very easy.  First , make sure your Rogers account still active.

Then check if your number cannot port into PM
https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/checkSingle.do

if it is , then get a PM sim card from Telus or Koodo store (unless you are going to use esim)

then download PM app from app start and start the activation process.  After payment step, it will ask if you want new number or transfer, choose transfer and then enter your Rogers account number (don't use IMEI)

after activating, keep the Rogers sim card in the phone as Rogers will send you a test and ask for your permission to port.  You need to reply Yes to Rogers before you remove Rogers sim card form the phone

Need Help? Let's chat.