cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart free sim promo

Sugababy8
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I went to a Walmart in Toronto to sign up for the free sim card promo that ends on Sept 6 but the rep mentioned unless the number is ported then the sim costs $10. 

Can a somebody clearily please.

Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10

nabate
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

go back and speak with a different rep or go to another walmart

choding
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

ask walmart gay to supervisor about it.

I paied 10 dollar without promotion.

but you have, it is nothing.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@drmartin wrote:

@sulagok wrote:

@popping wrote:

@sulagok wrote:

@Sugababy8 wrote:

I went to a Walmart in Toronto to sign up for the free sim card promo that ends on Sept 6 but the rep mentioned unless the number is ported then the sim costs $10. 

Thanks!

It's looking more like the Walmart reps are trying to take advantage of the $25 referral promo. One of my wife's friend I referred to PM went there (Calgary) to buy the SIM card and the rep try to pester her to setup and activate the SIM card at the store in which case, the SIM card will be free OR otherwise will cos $10.

That WM rep is correct.  There are 2 promos

Promo 1.  Buy a SIM for $10 and activate online for $25 referral credit

Promo 2.  Activate at WM or LD to a free SIM, $25 bill credit and $10 referral credit if you have a friend who refer you.

Ok, thanks for shedding more light, the reps didn't explain the difference and I've not heared about that second promo choice/option

I went in demanding option 1, thinking that the rep was trying to give me a worse deal.  But he was very patient and explained what Promo 2 was and it was immediately obvious that it was a better deal than Promo 1. For everyone except the referrer who gets only $1 a month as long as I'm a customer.  A pretty good deal though when you consider I plan to stay with PM forever. 🙂

Promo 1 - online activation $25 referral credit expired already will end on Sept 13

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Until-September-13-Get-a-25-Credit-for-...

Promo 2 will end Sept 6

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans/walmart

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans/londondrugs

drmartin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@sulagok wrote:

@popping wrote:

@sulagok wrote:

@Sugababy8 wrote:

Thanks!

It's looking more like the Walmart reps are trying to take advantage of the $25 referral promo. One of my wife's friend I referred to PM went there (Calgary) to buy the SIM card and the rep try to pester her to setup and activate the SIM card at the store in which case, the SIM card will be free OR otherwise will cos $10.

Promo 2.  Activate at WM or LD to a free SIM, $25 bill credit and $10 referral credit if you have a friend who refer you.

Ok, thanks for shedding more light, the reps didn't explain the difference and I've not heared about that second promo choice/option

I went in demanding option 1, thinking that the rep was trying to give me a worse deal.  But he was very patient and explained what Promo 2 was and it was immediately obvious that it was a better deal than Promo 1. For everyone except the referrer who gets only $1 a month as long as I'm a customer.  A pretty good deal though when you consider I plan to stay with PM forever. 🙂

sulagok

@popping wrote:

@sulagok wrote:

@Sugababy8 wrote:

Thanks!

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sulagok wrote:

@Sugababy8 wrote:

Thanks!

sulagok

@Sugababy8 wrote:

Thanks!

Is the OP confusing the meaning of porting with activating?

This is the first time anyone has mentioned a forced porting, rather than an activation.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sugababy8, sounds like that rep was mis-informed.  Here is a link to the promo info.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Sugababy8, time to go to a different store.  That agent knows nothing.  This offer does not require a number port.  You simply need to get a plan.  Here is the link.  There is no mention of porting a number.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans/walmart

Need Help? Let's chat.