cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart activation and porting number help!

PJB
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi There peeps,

I got my PM SIM activated at Walmart in Dieppe, NB today and now I need to port my PC Mobile number to it. When I try it using self-serve, I get an error saying it can't be done. I've checked with PC Mobile and they say there is no issue with my number or my account. Can someone help me please 🙂

7 REPLIES 7

MacMe
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@gr8white wrote:

I also signed up 2 lines at Walmart.  I had no problem porting the 1st number but, the other kept having an error message; I kept trying and, a few hours later it worked for my 2nd line.

I referred a friend, got referal confirmation via text & bonus but, have $0 in account; I assume it will just take time to upload the actual credit considering I recieved confirmation for my successful referal.

Yes, it can take up to 72 hours to get the credit. 

• Eligible customers will be credited within 72 hours. These credits will count towards your next renewal date.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Get-a-SIM-20-bill-credit-when-you-activ...

gr8white

I also signed up 2 lines at Walmart.  I had no problem porting the 1st number but, the other kept having an error message; I kept trying and, a few hours later it worked for my 2nd line.

I referred a friend, got referal confirmation via text & bonus but, have $0 in account; I assume it will just take time to upload the actual credit considering I recieved confirmation for my successful referal.

Brent1

Is your phone unlocked? I called my previous provider while in the Walmart store, and it was done immediately.  The rest of the activation was seamless!

I suspect this error likely has to do with the fact that PC Mobile postpaid service is essentially Telus. As said earlier, if you're getting an error message like this, you'll have to contact the moderators.

meocon
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

According to your issues, I recommend you send a private message to the moderator team and ask them to investigate.  include your account# or phone#, as well as your account PIN (if know) to help speed up the identification process.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message.

You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

How long until a moderator replies?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during office hours, in the order in which they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator?

PJB

Also, for some reason my friend's referral didn't go through either. Can this be fixed?

PJB

This is the error I get:

Capture.PNG

Need Help? Let's chat.