cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WalMart representative activated my SIM so quickly she did not ask for my referral person

jkmatthie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Very frustrated that I was unable to add my father as the person who referred me to Public Mobile so he could save a little bit on his own mobile bill. The woman who assisted me stated she was dyslexic and kept getting my information incorrect throughout the process. I could not see what she was doing, and then suddenly she advised me she was completed and my number had been transferred and I was all set. So I asked her what about my referral and all she could do was apologize to me because there was no way for her to impliment the reference anymore, and that I would be able to contact customer service though. But of course there IS NO standard customer service with Public Mobile.

So I am posting this community message.... I am not sure what other steps I am supposed to take?

Is there an admin that I could please speak to about both this matter??? I would really appreciate his phone number being added to my account so that he could receive the savings due to him.....

Thank you for your attention.

7 REPLIES 7

I am interested to see how these type of situations will be resolved because it seems there are contradicting viewpoints on what will happen.

Derekmcl

In that case I wonder whether the best option might be for the OP to open a new account with PM doing the referral properly, then ask the moderators to transfer the OP’s preferred number over to the new account.

The moderators could then use an account credit to compensate the OP for the money thrown away on the first SIM card!

@pakmode wrote:

First off, welcome to PM .

Second, there is pretty much a 100% chance the PM @CS_Agent will credit you for this customer service error at Walmart.  

Hopefully they can credit the referrer as well .  

Moderators may very well provide compensation, but from what I'm read here about these types of situations, they do not have any way to add the $1 recurring credit.  They usually just offer some type of one-time credit.  Unfortunately, if that person ends up remaining a customer for a prolonged period of time, you potentially end up being short-changed on the referal rewards.

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

First off, welcome to PM .

Second, there is pretty much a 100% chance the PM @CS_Agent will credit you for this customer service error at Walmart.  

Hopefully they can credit the referrer as well .  

Hopefully, the moderators will help you since it was not your fault.  However, on the website, it states that the referral must inputed on signup and can't be added afterwards.  Moderators are generally very helpful, so see what happens.  

jkmatthie

Okay, I will try that. I am new to this obviously as are so many, so I was not sure of the correct procedure.

Now, looking over the reward policies, it appears I was also supposed to receive a one-time $10 credit on my own account also, for referring him, which is another bonus I would have very much appreciated.

I hope they (support moderators) recognize this situation as valid and resolve/update my (and my referral's) account accordingly. The situation was out of my immediate control.

MacMe
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
Need Help? Let's chat.