cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting to install SIM card?

palmieri
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When do you get the message to change your SIM card? I switching providers and wanted too keep my phone number, followed the instruction and waiting to install new SIM card. it's been over 5hrs now, will I receive a message or do I just change it out?

7 REPLIES 7

palmieri

Ok Thanks. 

@palmieri wrote:

When do you get the message to change your SIM card? I switching providers and wanted too keep my phone number, followed the instruction and waiting to install new SIM card. it's been over 5hrs now, will I receive a message or do I just change it out?

To answer the part of your question about when to you would receive a text message about telling you to change your SIM card, there is no such message.  The message that Public Mobile sends you is actually a message that says to restart your phone to complete the number porting.  That messsage is badly worded because at that point, number porting has already finished.  The reason that messages says to restart your phone has to do with if you've already inserted your Public Mobile SIM card before the number porting had finished, a device restart is sometimes needed to speed up the connection to the network.  However, that text message sent by Public Mobile would be received unless the Public Mobiel SIM card was already in a working phone.

fixin
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@palmieri - Keep your Bell Mobility SIM card inserted for 1 - 2 minutes if it doesn't send immediately. You can take it out if you have "No Service" on Bell SIM and insert the Public Mobile SIM card and you should get about the same amount of cell bars (Telus (Public Mobile), and Bell share towers via an agreement). You'll also see "Public Mobile" instead of "Bell" in your cell carrier name.

palmieri

Just changed it and restarted phone. All is well.

@palmieri  Does you bell SIM card still work ? If it does then porting not complete . If that the case I’ll end you the porting team number to re trigger the port request  for you .

palmieri

Ok thanks. I had replied to bell and confirmed "yes" but I was waiting for something more I guess. thanks again ill try it now.

abtest
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@palmieri  - you should leave the old SIM in your phone until you answer the confirmation request from your old service provider.  After that, put in the new PM SIM.

Need Help? Let's chat.