cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSIM Activation

G89
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Prior to paying for my subscription the public mobile website said my device was ESIM compatible. However, after payment and downloading the app it suddenly says it’s not?’ Also, the app is garbage and it wouldn’t load a support ticket request so I’m having to do this through a web browser. Not impressed public mobile especially if you think I’m going to buy a SIM card. I’d like this issue resolved expeditiously or a refund for my subscription.

edited by computergeek541: as per terms of service, profanity has been removed

6 REPLIES 6

G89

I recently learned what the cause of my issue was, and I would like to share in case others run into the same problem.

Prior to subscription my IMEI was labeled as eSIM compatible. However, once I paid for the subscription I was told it was not. It wasn’t until I purchased a physical SIM card for Public Mobile that I figured everything out.

Unbeknownst to myself, my phone was locked to my carrier. After calling in to have it unlocked the eSIM kicked in, but because my phone uses dual SIMS I was still running into issues with “labelling plans”.

I ended up deleting the eSIM under secondary as I had chosen to port my number over(had to swap between physical SIM cards to get the port request text) and then through the Public Mobile app added my new physical Public Mobile SIM card number to my subscription.

After this was done my phone calls and data began to work. However, like other users my text messages still don’t appear to be working, and I am still currently waiting on this issue to be resolved.

Hopefully this write up will help others who may be experiencing troubles switching carriers to Public Mobile.

G89

I’ve even sent the cs agent a pm and opened a ticket with still no response…

G89

It says it up to date

golfball
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

That phone is certainly eSIM compatible. Is it possible that your phone needs a software update?

G89

iPhone 13 mini

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @G89 

what phone is that? this error usually can be fixed by agent, agent can send you esim qr code to activate

please submit a ticket with CS Agent  by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437     

Need Help? Let's chat.