cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHY THE DUMPING OF MMS as it was original plan subscription offer?riginal pl

daryl604PTM1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Here I thought the issue was due to me using a BLACKBERRY Z30, and now I see that its not just me, but PUBLIC MOBILE / TELUS MOBILITY just arbitrarily decided to shut down access to the most important part of mobility life, with some excuse such as computer hardware issues or something completely irrelevant,  yes economy is BAD, not due to the customers, but due to the management rediculously OVER PAYING the CEO's and Board DIRECTORS, then turning around and removing services from us paying customers...  so much for 'freedom of choice' ...  oh well...like the old song says "....got along without ya before I met ya, gonna get along without ya now".... emails it is then...  

9 REPLIES 9

daryl604PTM1

A person could no doubt buy into that idea, had the device I have not been able to do the job for the past five years, flawlessly, on 4G LTE, Which is still in use industry wide....however it still stinks of commercial arbitrary interference, generated by the golden rule.... "he who has the gold, makes the rules".   'Oh, we'll discontinue supporting that device'  more accurately would appear as "its not updated by the manufacturer" ... pretty lame excuse since support has nothing to do with the subscribed carrier when it comes to telephone and text capabilities which are handled by the SIM chip and data services of the subscribed carrier... the optics simply appear to be commercial blackmail.  

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Similar to voice over LTE I guess, limited device compatibility for whatever reason. Sucks for anyone wanting to buy an uncommon phone or something from a manufacturer like oneplus

daryl604PTM1

any particular devices ? mine used to work no prblem....

daryl604PTM1

I would love to know myself..... they don't like my device?, they changed to different hardware technology? 

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

MMS works fine and has not been removed. 🤪

@Hollister wrote:

@daryl604PTM1 

MMS is included with all plans. 

UMM...it is too.

@Hollister 

please forgive me...I mis-sread your post. (Dang cataracts)  😎

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@daryl604PTM1 

MMS is included with all plans. 

Meow
Mayor / Maire

What seems to be an issue?

I just tested and MMS went in/out with no issues.

Need Help? Let's chat.