cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WARNING: DON'T BUY A SIM CARD you can only make an account if you want to use a real credit card

BoughtSimCard
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

There is no other payment options. They won't accept their own top up card. They won't accept prepaid either.

I was ripped off 50$  and have zero recourse.

9 REPLIES 9

@Chalupa_Batman wrote:

@hTideGnow wrote:

Hi @Chalupa_Batman @BoughtSimCard , there is no more activation by voucher.  Support no longer helping with that.  But activation by Prepaid Credit Card is OK

Huh. OK. Thought that counts.

Hey @BoughtSimCard  I really wish there was a list out there or pre paid credit cards that worked to sign up with Public Mobile. Only advice would be to reach out to a CS Agent and ask. They may say it doesn't work but several members here have done so. 

I have used this style of prepaid CC several times for acctivation. Most recently January 22, 2024.

c9bcbdb8-6d1f-4d95-af46-48f250950418.jpeg

Can confirm that activation with voucher as linked was refused by multiple CSA on the same occasion. (hence the need to grab the prepaid credit card)

@hTideGnow wrote:

Hi @Chalupa_Batman @BoughtSimCard , there is no more activation by voucher.  Support no longer helping with that.  But activation by Prepaid Credit Card is OK

Huh. OK. Thought that counts.

Hey @BoughtSimCard  I really wish there was a list out there or pre paid credit cards that worked to sign up with Public Mobile. Only advice would be to reach out to a CS Agent and ask. They may say it doesn't work but several members here have done so. 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @BoughtSimCard 

This is just over a year old. Perhaps @softech could confirm if this still works??

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Activate-SIM-without-a-credit-card/m-p/92...

hi @BoughtSimCard PM system is sometimes buggy. Could be the usual payment problem we see a lot and had nothing to do with  it accept Prepaid card. 

Please wait an hour and try again

BoughtSimCard

Nope, I have a prepaid card I use to buy online, and they refused it.

BoughtSimCard

I do have a credit card. But I am really annoyed at how the phone companies force you to:

-Give them your email they can send spam to

-Create some password

And THEN after that  SURPRISE, they want to check your credit card. Fz M is the exact same annoyance. You can't just buy a sim card and pay for a month or so. They tie you up with obligations.

I already own my own phone and I thought this was a pay as you go service.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@BoughtSimCard 

if you know someone who trusts you, you could use their credit card just to get activated and then have it removed from the file.

From then on go forward you can pay with debit Visa or debit MasterCard or use Public Mobile payment vouchers which you can purchase with cash or debit.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @BoughtSimCard vouchers canmot be used to activate account but Prepaid credit card can

Please use Public Mobile app to subscribe 

if you were using it already, uninstall and reinstall and try

Need Help? Let's chat.