cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vouchers/autopay/paying for your service

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

I have helped my room mate set up his account and registered him for auto pay. He does not want to use the credit card to pay for his renewals. So we loaded a $40 voucher onto his account which gave him a credit of $42( $40+2autopay credit). He purchased a $5 add on leaving a $37 credit. When renewal comes up does he have to go in and manually apply a payment or does the voucher credit on the account suffice? Will it revert to an auto pay on the voucher credit in the account (not the credit card which is just a back up)? Which sometimes the auto pay can be glitchy versus going in and manually paying the renewal from your credit card to avoid auto pay problems. Can the same thing occur when using vouchers?

3 REPLIES 3

Thank you...he has enough credit for his next 2 renewals so he doesn't have to worry about it versus manually applying a credit card payment to avoid auto pay issues.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious- Not sure I understand completely, but:

- If there are funds in the account, they are used up first.  After that, the balance will come from the CC that is on file.  Even if you fill the account using vouchers, you still get the auto-pay reward, as long as auto-pay is set up.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious wrote:

I have helped my room mate set up his account and registered him for auto pay. He does not want to use the credit card to pay for his renewals. So we loaded a $40 voucher onto his account which gave him a credit of $42( $40+2autopay credit). He purchased a $5 add on leaving a $37 credit. When renewal comes up does he have to go in and manually apply a payment or does the voucher credit on the account suffice? Will it revert to an auto pay on the voucher credit in the account (not the credit card which is just a back up)? Which sometimes the auto pay can be glitchy versus going in and manually paying the renewal from your credit card to avoid auto pay problems. Can the same thing occur when using vouchers?

The payment is always deducted from the available funds in the account first.  As long as the CC is registered then he will still qualify for the autopay credit, but he can carry on paying with vouchers as the first option.  So he wouldn't need to manually do anything if the voucher covers his payment upon renewal.

Need Help? Let's chat.