cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voucher pin

Lenor1214
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

My husband bought for me vouchers yesterday for the first time.

I can't find the pin #. lol.

Can you tell me where I should look to find the pin # on the voucher?

Thank you 🙂

24 REPLIES 24

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@voucherking hey that's great!  I'm having trouble finding the solution for this in your previous posts.  Would you mind please linking the post that provides the solultion?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

voucherking

Thank you for recomend wow really appricate. 

However, problem was solved already check my previous post for sulation.

Regards, 

Voucherking 

Rockdaddy22

That’s great you got refunded, sorry I missed that part. 

The realtime vouchers at canadiantire gas bar ate bar are the best in my opinion, just provide your phone number and it’s all automatic, I’ve used it the last few times I reloaded. 

Rockdaddy22

If he didn’t lose anything, I wouldn’t let this go with Walmart, you need to speak to a manager and explain the situation. 

In my area, Shoppers Drug Mart and CanadianTire gas bars are the best. Sometimes CanadianTire gift cards go on sale for %10 off, great way to save a little extra on your phone bill. 

At the bottom on this page... https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/how-to-pay

WHERE TO BUY PUBLIC MOBILE PAYMENT VOUCHERS

Search in your area.

Your best bet is gas stations, but give a quick call as a lot of people have found the list isn't up-to-date. I live in Ontario and have had luck with Hasty Mart, Esso, and Canadian Tire Gas Bars. Glad to hear you had your $75 refunded in gift cards!

Lenor1214

Guys we went back to Walmart the day after and got gift cards in the same amount of the vouchers.

Where else can we buy vouchers? 

Lenor1214

My husband didn't toss anything. He asked the cashier if that is all and he told him that it was and that he needed to call to Public Mobile. 

Rockdaddy22

Maybe her husband got them but tossed then because they weren’t sure what it was. The clerk should have been more clear, if they weren’t. 

And depending on how their system is designed, maybe the code were never generated at all... (they would still have figured out something was not balancing at the end of their day).

With the exact location of the purcahse and the time and date of the purchase available, there's going to be a way to look up the pin numbers that were printed out.  Public Mobile would then be able to check to see if those codes were already applied.

Walmart is obligated to provde you with the product that you purchased.  However, their argument is going to be "why did you leave the store if you didn't get what you paid for?"  If you went back a few minutes later, they would find the code, or just give you money back.  But going back after the fact ends up being a situation in which Walmart really has no idea if the codes that were generated were ever used.

@Lenor1214 This is a tough break for you. Although I doubt they do much for you, it's worth a try to ask for moderator assistance. Click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with your phone number and an explanation. Don't expect a response tonight. Perhaps include a link to this thread to save time.

Good luck.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Rockdaddy22

Unfortunately that’s correct. 

They print out on on a separate piece of paper, same kind of paper as the receipt. 

Lenor1214

When I get to payment, I choose to pay with vauchers and not with credit card. Then it says that something is wrong and I can't pay with these vauchers. I went yesterday to Walmart and they said that I don't have the pin codes and that they can't reprint them. 

srlawren

Hey @voucherking, this sounds like it would be right up your alley for a sulation.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

According to the original poster in a reply, she has no active accounts with Public Mobile, so if a phone number was given, where did it go?

@stonechucker wrote:

There's either another receipt, or they didn't follow thru with generating the vouchers.

...unless these are "real-time vouchers"?  Anyone else ever purchase a voucher from Walmart?

@Lenor1214 were you able to log into your My Account and see if the vouchers were applied to your account?

There's either another receipt, or they didn't follow thru with generating the vouchers.

Those cardboard Public Mobile voucher kits hanging on shelves are nothing more than advertising and a way to provide a UPC code for the employee to scan in so that the register can charge the proper amont. They don't have any value. The voucher itself is nothing more than a code printed on some type of cash register receipt. 

Prepaid cell phone carriers used to sell plastic cards that actually did contain a top up code.  Those usually had a scratch to reveal part of the card that had a hidden code.  I believe most carriers have almost completely scrapped those in favor of codes that are generated at the same time as the purchase.

That's not good... obviously, they should have put them through on separate receipts.  I think you'll need to go back to WalMart about this.

Lenor1214

1506525336124348030330.jpg

This is the receipt. As you can see all the vouchers have the same number. 

cricketfan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The cashier must have given your husband a reciept on which the 14 digit numbers would be. Look for it on the receipt or a paper with the reciept showing the voucher numbers.

Lenor1214

1506523648033864050056.jpg

15065236697931498160019.jpg

He  bought vouchers when he bought the sim card in Walmart. I don't have other phones in Public mobile and I can't start my account. 

Someone_here
Mayor / Maire

I think it usually is a 14 digits code!

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

I guess it depends on whether he did a "real-time voucher," or a paper one. If he provided your phone number, those funds should already be in your account. If it's a paper one, it should be clearly marked on the receipt. I had a photo of my paper receipt from Hasty Market in Ontario, but can't find it. Maybe someone else has an example they can post, but it was clear to me what the code was. I entered it in My Account >> Make a Payment >> One Time Payment where I chose Payment Voucher from Payment Method pull-down.

Need Help? Let's chat.