cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voucher Catalogue

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Please note due to changes implemented by Public Mobile on July 13th 2022 the availability of pm vouchers have changed and not all info contained in this thread may be accurate in regards to retailers that sell pm vouchers. I would appreciate member feedback if you find other retailers or locations that no longer sell pm vouchers. thx darlicious

Edit:

**Update August 7th 2022: Call ahead to your local RCSS or TMS location as it has been reported in Vancouver that my local RCSS/TMS (Grandview) no longer sells pm vouchers.😞

Wal-Mart locations may also be affected in addition to RCSS and TMS.

I've been thinking about this for a little while to help public mobile customers load their vouchers. Please feel free to load your no longer valid vouchers and the appropriate 12 digit number to use when loading it onto your account. I'll start with Canadian tire: up to 24 hrs to become valid but usually by the end of that locations business day....use the redemption #.20190929_092002.jpg

106 REPLIES 106

@mpcdesign  Interestingly your experience with Canadian tire vouchers is similar to my one and only experience with them. When i signed up my roommate iknew he could get them at canadian tire. Soon after i picked one up for him and we attempted to load it onto his account with no luck. Once finding out they had an up to 24 hour delay we waited about 6 hours until trying again. Still the account told us it was an invalid voucher number.

At some point I noticed there were 3 different 12 digit sequences of numbers listed as the pin#, the redemption # and the voucher #. The help pages said to look for and enter the 12 digit voucher number. I decided ...what the heck....lets try the redemption #. Ding, ding, ding, ding, Ding! It worked. Other voucher have a pin #. This one has all three...how confusing is that?!!

Vouchers for the most part are very safe and quite convenient especially for those with limited credit or even access to regular banking. Vouchers ensure there are no real barriers to having access to a cell phone. Even homeless people have cell phones with a working plan.

The reason I set up the voucher catalogue is to prevent the confusion you experienced....do you wonder now which 12 digit code you were trying to enter onto your account?

@wetcoaster   You are correct you take one of these to the cashier or at Canadian tire the customer service desk and they scan it and print out the voucher. I keep my eye out for these designs to know when a retailer carries public mobile vouchers. Until this week my local SDM did not carry them. So far none of the no frills I frequent carries them but I keep looking for them on the gift card racks.

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious , when I first started with Public Mobile, I wasn't 100% sure if I could trust it. What? No. Customer. Service. or No. Retail. Store. Hmmm. So, I bought vouchers at Canadian Tire. $145 bucks worth. 

It says it takes 24 hours to be activated. Mine took 72 hours. Very nerve-wracking, especially when you just shelled out close to $150 bucks! And there are no refunds on purchased gift cards. 

As well, vouchers have been recently in the news being scammed. Supposedly, people scratch the security code, take a photos of the numbers and then re-apply new security stickers on the numbers. Basically, they check every so often when the poor soul comes in and lays some money on the vouchers, and then these scammers empty them before you get to them! Now, try to prove that one that it wasn't used by you.

Here is the original post way back in April 2018 on my experiences with vouchers

Personally, I wouldn't recommend vouchers at all. The Pre-Paid credit cards would be a better option though! 

@darlicious wrote:

I noticed the other day my local SDM had these hanging on the gift card rack. I havent confirmed that they are valid right away but the clerk seemed to think so since purchasers would pull out their phone right away and appeared to load them. Look for these on the gift card rack.....same as the ones at Canadian tire. Then bring them to the cashier at SDM.20200210_012156.jpg20200210_012235.jpg

Happy to be proven wrong but I think these are just display cards with a bar code for the cashier to scan. The system then generates the voucher code on a separate paper slip, similar to what you are collecting up-thread.

I have not seen them in my local SDM recently, but they look similar to the ones I see at 7-11.

I noticed the other day my local SDM had these hanging on the gift card rack. I havent confirmed that they are valid right away but the clerk seemed to think so since purchasers would pull out their phone right away and appeared to load them. Look for these on the gift card rack.....same as the ones at Canadian tire. Then bring them to the cashier at SDM.20200210_012235.jpg

20200210_012156.jpg

iPhoneUser
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Just to support @darlicious I would like to add that Public Mobile is well covered for payment and pre payment opportunities AND there is a well known hybrid system.

I hope @darlicious finds examples of all vouchers as vendors may supply a voucher in different formats that meet Public Mobiles’ criteria but may be different due to the vendors software for producing a printed voucher.

My preference would be purchasing a gift card type of voucher that gets validated at point of purchase by scanning the “card”.

Public Mobile accepts the following credit cards, registered to a Canadian address: VISA, MasterCard and American Express. They also accept VISA debit cards.

So what the heck is a Visa Debit Card? Do you buy a prepaid Visa card at Walmart or London Drugs? No! You have to apply for one at one of the following banks. It will be linked to one of you bank accounts but for online purchases will appear to be a credit card. Can you apply for one at a credit union? No! Keep in mind that a Visa debit card also uses Interac and Interac was developed by the BIG 5 thus you can only apply here.

2F36E28E-7CE3-4AA1-8BDA-212633B0262E.jpeg

So what is the hybrid system? It allows the auto pay credit but you can control, that the card is never charged. But since auto pay is still in place you WILL still receive the $2 credit every 30 days. So for those who want every credit possible (or have had an “experience” with auto pay) set up auto pay and top up your account in advance with a voucher (or your auto pay set up). Even consider if you can, to top up your account for 60 days  in advance and then every 30 days.....making you to be always paid up still 30 days in advance. Public Mobile always pulls funds from your balance before they pull funds from your auto pay set up. You can also prepay using your auto pay card too, if you like. I will leave it up to you to receive benefits from your cash back, points collecting, Air Miles preferences.

marimacas

I think it will be possible to save more mobile costs if purchasing vouchers by credit card with benefits such as money/points back. It is a bit more work...

@pmmobile wrote:

@yanzhiqiangYou can have a credit card on autopay, load with a voucher (for whatever reason), and still receive the $2 autopay credit

@darlicious wrote:

@yanzhiqiang  The whole point of this thread is to have examples of vouchers to easily access to prevent confusion when trying to load them onto your account or choose where to purchase them. Not every customer has a credit or visa/debit card or may have issues accessing their account to make a payment. If everyone had autopay and access to their accounts then vouchers would not be necessary.

pmmobile

@yanzhiqiangYou can have a credit card on autopay, load with a voucher (for whatever reason), and still receive the $2 autopay credit

@darlicious wrote:

@yanzhiqiang  The whole point of this thread is to have examples of vouchers to easily access to prevent confusion when trying to load them onto your account or choose where to purchase them. Not every customer has a credit or visa/debit card or may have issues accessing their account to make a payment. If everyone had autopay and access to their accounts then vouchers would not be necessary.

@darlicious wrote:

@wetcoaster  Thanks for the addition. Is this from the "corner store" terminal? Valid immediately?

Yes on both counts, but I can obviously only vouch for my local corner store.

@wetcoaster  Thanks for the addition. Is this from the "corner store" terminal? Valid immediately?

@darlicious wrote:

@CannonFodder @LovesToPM @wetcoaster 

Lets see if we can get this going again....if you have any old vouchers you could add to the catalogue and info about them....which 12 digit code to use, how long it took for them to become valid etc.....then there would be a reference for members to use to get rid of some of the confusion.

From the archive...

The voucher PIN is found where I overlaid the red number sequence.

voucher.jpg

@CannonFodder @LovesToPM @wetcoaster 

Lets see if we can get this going again....if you have any old vouchers you could add to the catalogue and info about them....which 12 digit code to use, how long it took for them to become valid etc.....then there would be a reference for members to use to get rid of some of the confusion.

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Darlicious, you're doing a heck of a job!

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Why not put on auto payment so you save $2 every month?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

London Drugs: immeadiately loadable use the pin#.20191229_232529.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.