Did you mean: 

Voicemail

Po-Ming5
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can I disconnect voicemail?

9 REPLIES 9

barndoor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The extended absence  for me means the person calling  ,after 5 or 6 rings gets a message  saying   I didn't hear the  ring can they please try again if they'd like ... and they have no opportunity to leave a message  .     For someone calling   on a paygo  phone it means the cost of  a completed call to listen to the message .  

As far as call forwarding I have no idea how it does or doesn't work .

HI @barndoor   but does extended absence working now?

i thought all forwarding not working other than the regular forward to voicemail

barndoor

Just to follow up here as asked  . This is how I experienced it .    As far as the voicemail goes .. I have tried the redirect number a couple times and it seems to have been rendered useless,  the CSA  says the extended absence workaround is the best that they can do, they  can't  deactivate according to him ... so having sorted the fibber out  we did not activate another account here . So if any one wants an extra sim card I have one ...it even came in 5 business days . LOL 

For me,trying to contact a CSA  took several days to get a response... I'm sure part of the issue is I don't have time to sit around here on the computer and wait for a  reaction  .... I have two documented tickets that seemed to be ignored and then I used the PM address that someone here supplied and that succeeded. What kind of customer service is that ...it's not about whether you are AI or a call center its about your level of "customer service" . Like I said before here I don't buy for an instant that an online center is more cost effective than a good phone in center unless it is AI manning the online center . 

I feel that my best bet now is just to carry on till I have a problem and at that time I  will try customer service again and if they don't step up,it would seem  porting will be faster .  

cheers all 

barndoor

I will if I stay long enough ... i started a ticket here yesterday  but have heard nothing  and if I don't  I'm not going to be here  much longer . The reduced  price is just not worth the headache IMO . 

@barndoor- Regulars here have come to recognize that too often support supplies incorrect information. But we'd be delighted to have confirmation of that outcome so that we can suggest it to others. The question comes up on occasion. Please let us know if it really does get turned off. Or how they do it.

barndoor

@Meow wrote:

No, you cannot.

The only way to 'eliminate' calls going to voice mail is to use one trick but then NONE of voicemails will be saved.

Great if you are getting a lot of spam calls they end up in voice mail.

Mind you - Nobody will be able to leave voice mail.

To "disable" voicemail, dial *004*8080000000#

This will cause all calls to either ring few times and then stop or get fast busy at the point they normally would have been diverted to the voicemail system.

I tried that number yesterday and it did nothing .

I got my wife to contact the PM activation CSR's and ask  if she moved to PM whether they could shut the  voicemail off similar to what she has now with the company she is currently with . The CSR   said absolutely they could do the same thing  ... 

So who is fibbing  here ???😠

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

No. But I don't like the option offered here. It gives the caller an error. Then they might think there's a problem with your line. Then there's the current on-going call forwarding problem where that code doesn't work anyway. Maybe support can fix it though.

Use the extended absence option in the voicemail system instead. Call comes in. Missed calls will go to the voicemail system and play your greeting and then hang up. You'll get notification of the missed call. But no voicemail.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

No, you cannot.

The only way to 'eliminate' calls going to voice mail is to use one trick but then NONE of voicemails will be saved.

Great if you are getting a lot of spam calls they end up in voice mail.

Mind you - Nobody will be able to leave voice mail.

This will cause all calls to either ring few times and then stop or get fast busy at the point they normally would have been diverted to the voicemail system.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Po-Ming5 

you can’t actually turn it off, but you can disable it. 

To reset it back to defaults, dial ##004#

Need Help? Let's chat.