cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail

Aacm
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, Any idea why some callers can leave a voice message but others cannot? The callers who cannot, my phone will rings continuously. I rebooted my phone, & it still doesn't solve the problem. My voicemail is empty too. 

9 REPLIES 9

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Aacm

Have you recently ported in your phone number? Can you still log into your old account? If you still have the old sim card can you put it in your phone to see if it still works? Did you reply YES to the PAT porting authorization text within 90 minutes of recieving it when you requested porting? If the old sim card still works and/or the old account is not cancelled then your port did not complete and you will need to contact customer support or call the telus porting department in the morning to reinitiate your port request.

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Aacm   do the same person always unable to leave you voicemail? or just random?

Also, for those who cannot leave you voicemail, did you phone ever ring ?  Wonder if the calls ever routed to your phone

there are different kind of forwarding to voicemail

Call Forward when Busy, 

Call Forward when no reply

Call forward when unreachable

I wonder if one of the 3 call forwarding  wasn't setup to forward to voicemail

what kind of phone do you have?  you can check it from your phone dialer app easily to confirm if all 3 above are set to forward to voicemail

@esjliv wrote:

That seems weird @Aacm .

Is your device on its latest software?

Perhaps try a reset of the device's network settings on your phone.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

Iphone:

To Reset Network Settings, begin by opening the Settings app. Next, tap General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. and enter your passcode.

Your iPhone will reset network settings and restart itself.

android:

Find and tap Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Reset network settings.

When it comes to phone settings, the only thing that I can think of are the call fowarding settings.  I can't think of a scenario  other than the customer accidently forwarding only some callers but not others to a different number that doesn't have voicemail (which is unlikely).  This seems to be a network-side issue to me. 

@Timer wrote:

@Aacm 

To access the voicemail without dialing and ringing the phone, check this list of local voicemail access numbers across Canada: and add 1 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-Numbers

How To Use  Voicemail Features (publicmobile.ca)

Unfortuately,. none of the above is related to callers not being able to leave a messages when calling Aacm .

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

That seems weird @Aacm .

Is your device on its latest software?

Perhaps try a reset of the device's network settings on your phone.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

Iphone:

To Reset Network Settings, begin by opening the Settings app. Next, tap General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. and enter your passcode.

Your iPhone will reset network settings and restart itself.

android:

Find and tap Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Reset network settings.

@Timer wrote:

@Aacm 

tried call your phone number from your device.

The customer is having difficulties when others call and don't get direct to the voicemail box.  Calling one's own device will only give the customer the option to check and listen to messages.  It will not help troubleshoot why others aren't being allowed to leave a message for this customer.  Also, the customer has already called in to check if there are any messages.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Aacm 

To access the voicemail without dialing and ringing the phone, check this list of local voicemail access numbers across Canada: and add 1 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-Numbers

How To Use  Voicemail Features (publicmobile.ca)

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Aacm 

I get spam calls and they rarely leave a message. 

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Aacm 

tried call your phone number from your device.

Need Help? Let's chat.