cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail

Andrew91
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
  • voicemail can’t be accessed through pressing down the 1 key. Or through the voicemail on my iPhone. It says error performing request. Unknown error. I have used voicemail before
9 REPLIES 9

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Andrew91 wrote:
  • voicemail can’t be accessed through pressing down the 1 key. Or through the voicemail on my iPhone. It says error performing request. Unknown error. I have used voicemail before

@Andrew91  - if your voicemail has been working before and some kind of blimp occurred, perform a Reset of your Network Settings, this could help.

To Reset Network Settings, begin by opening the Settings app. Next, tap General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. and enter your passcode.

Your iPhone will reset network settings and restart itself.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Andrew91 

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,to refreshing your network,

*what is meant by rebooting the device turn off and turn it back on.

try to call your number from your same device,

review everything about voicemail (publicmobile.ca).

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@softech  haha 😂 good laugh for this Monday morning. Thanks!

@BeachNBeer   really cannot tell the logic of that .. for me.. i notice it happens often with links.  I guess in your case, they thought those numbers are harmful and scary.. LoL

BeachNBeer

@softech  No links posted. Tried twice (even worded them differently) and was still ended up in spam filter.

Screenshot_20220117-111251_Chrome.jpg

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Andrew91   did you try to reboot your phone?  Maybe try reboot your phone, wait 5 mins and reboot a 2nd time and see how it goes (make sure Airplane mode is turned off all along)

Sometimes with a reboot , the carrier will push down the Voicemail number via the network again and it might work.  

@BeachNBeer   you were posting some link? 

we sometime use a screenshot to get around of the issue

Check if your blocked post is here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/premod/moderationitemspage/tab/rejected

You cannot bring it out from there, but you can at least open it back and take screenshot   🙂

BeachNBeer

Stupid spam filter keeps blocking my post! , I give up on this thread.😂

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Check what your voicemail number is set in your phone.

This is a list of access numbers:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-N...

Need Help? Let's chat.