cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail

A92
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Why doesn’t voicemail give you the date or time of when the voicemail was received ? Any way to find this information out? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@A92 wrote:

Why doesn’t voicemail give you the date or time of when the voicemail was received ? Any way to find this information out? 

At the main menu once logged into your voicemail, press 4 [Personal Options] --> 4 [Personal Preferences] --> 2 [Playback Preferences] --> lastly 3 [Date Time On/Off]

VM Playback Preferences.png

ps: Thanks for the tag @kb_mv 🙂

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

Match it with the missed calls in your call log?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click the Chat bubble in the bottom right to create a trouble ticket *

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@A92 

@Nezgar if I am not mistaken is the voicemail guru. Hopefully he sees this and can tell you how to do it (assuming it's possible).

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@A92 wrote:

I just tested. If you press 5 as one of the options after listening to the message it will tell you the time. I think that after today, it would also tell me the date. I had no previous messages from another day to test that part out.

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@A92 wrote:

The Nezgar Voicemail graphic

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @A92 

I believe if you hit "5" while listening to the message, the date and/or time-stamp will be announced.

While in your voicemail box (not listening to a message), hit 4 for Personal Options, then 4 for Personal Preferences, then 2 for Playback Preferences.   I believe a date/time-stamp option may be available there.

Have a look at this TELUS Voicemail Quick Reference Guide, could likely be the same with Public Mobile:

https://assets.ctfassets.net/9mt4r6ro1ay9/4MNlTBalKUooe8kQEGcwkc/d003aa3439f623082c4d880e687112ca/vo...

@JoyLuck wrote:

@A92 wrote:

I just tested. If you press 5 as one of the options after listening to the message it will tell you the time. I think that after today, it would also tell me the date. I had no previous messages from another day to test that part out.

@JoyLuck   Unfortunately, looks like you're not able to get the time/date of older messages, just checked for a message I received earlier in the week and it only lets you know the tel. number of the caller.

Happen to have 2 messages; today's message no date "stamp" but the time; Nov 9 message "stamped" with date.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Luddite wrote:

Happen to have 2 messages; today's message no date "stamp" but the time; Nov 9 message "stamped" with date.

@Luddite  Hmm...interesting, I just played an old message and I heard a recording giving the tel. number only and then an option to play the message and not time or date.

@dabr wrote:

@Luddite wrote:

@Luddite  Hmm...interesting, I just played an old message and I heard a recording giving the tel. number only and then an option to play the message and not time or date.

Could it be the phone? I have iPhone, though don't see any setting on the phone for voicemail. 🤔

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.