cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail

A92
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Why doesn’t voicemail give you the date or time of when the voicemail was received ? Any way to find this information out? 

15 REPLIES 15

@kb_mv Love it!! 😂

@Nezgar wrote:

ps: Thanks for the tag @kb_mv 🙂

@Nezgar We need this.....

f5deeff3eaa41feec21a445515585d68.png

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@A92 wrote:

Why doesn’t voicemail give you the date or time of when the voicemail was received ? Any way to find this information out? 

At the main menu once logged into your voicemail, press 4 [Personal Options] --> 4 [Personal Preferences] --> 2 [Playback Preferences] --> lastly 3 [Date Time On/Off]

VM Playback Preferences.png

ps: Thanks for the tag @kb_mv 🙂

@Luddite wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@Luddite wrote:

Happen to have 2 messages; today's message no date "stamp" but the time; Nov 9 message "stamped" with date.

@Luddite  Hmm...interesting, I just played an old message and I heard a recording giving the tel. number only and then an option to play the message and not time or date.

Could it be the phone? I have iPhone, though don't see any setting on the phone for voicemail. 🤔

@Luddite   It's more than possible as my phone is a fairly old Galaxy S5. 

@JoyLuck wrote:

@dabr 

After listening to your message was there an option to press 5 for the time?

@JoyLuck   Unfortunately, I didn't wait to hear all the rest of the options after playing the messaging and I promptly deleted it after the message played and the options offered to replay the message, so didn't wait for all the options.  That was the only message on my voicemail so unable to test again.

@dabr 

After listening to your message was there an option to press 5 for the time?

@dabr wrote:

@Luddite wrote:

Happen to have 2 messages; today's message no date "stamp" but the time; Nov 9 message "stamped" with date.

@Luddite  Hmm...interesting, I just played an old message and I heard a recording giving the tel. number only and then an option to play the message and not time or date.

Could it be the phone? I have iPhone, though don't see any setting on the phone for voicemail. 🤔

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Luddite wrote:

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@JoyLuck wrote:

@A92 wrote:

I just tested. If you press 5 as one of the options after listening to the message it will tell you the time. I think that after today, it would also tell me the date. I had no previous messages from another day to test that part out.

@JoyLuck   Unfortunately, looks like you're not able to get the time/date of older messages, just checked for a message I received earlier in the week and it only lets you know the tel. number of the caller.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @A92 

I believe if you hit "5" while listening to the message, the date and/or time-stamp will be announced.

While in your voicemail box (not listening to a message), hit 4 for Personal Options, then 4 for Personal Preferences, then 2 for Playback Preferences.   I believe a date/time-stamp option may be available there.

Have a look at this TELUS Voicemail Quick Reference Guide, could likely be the same with Public Mobile:

https://assets.ctfassets.net/9mt4r6ro1ay9/4MNlTBalKUooe8kQEGcwkc/d003aa3439f623082c4d880e687112ca/vo...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@A92 wrote:

The Nezgar Voicemail graphic

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@A92 wrote:

I just tested. If you press 5 as one of the options after listening to the message it will tell you the time. I think that after today, it would also tell me the date. I had no previous messages from another day to test that part out.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@A92 

@Nezgar if I am not mistaken is the voicemail guru. Hopefully he sees this and can tell you how to do it (assuming it's possible).

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

Match it with the missed calls in your call log?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.