cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail issues

Tryrebooting
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everyone - I have the following problems:

1. Even though I've activated my personal greeting on my voice mailbox, a system greeting still comes on ("Your call has been forwarded to voicemail.  The person you are trying to reach is not available.  At the tone..." etc.)
  2. When a caller leaves a message, it is displayed in my voicemail on my iPhone.  But when I call my voicemail (i.e. my phone number) I get "You have no messages".  So right now I have 6(?) messages that I can't play in my voice message box. 

Has anyone else encountered these issues and/or know of a possible fix?  I'm running the MS Teams app on my phone too, and have a Teams phone number associated with it, but I don't know how/if that could be related to the problem, especially since it has all be running fine for the past two years with no issues.  Any insights would be much appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3

@Tryrebooting  Happy to help , and happy new year 🥳 

Tryrebooting
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Handy, you are exactly what your alias says!  Much appreciated.  Also, I should point out that as handy as you are, I am equally obtuse.  It didn't occur to me that with visual voicemail on, the only way to listen to the messages was thru the Phone app - i.e. calling my mailbox directly gives the "No messages" response since they've all been downloaded to the visual voicemail/Phone app server.  Thanks again for your prompt help!

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Tryrebooting  You may need to turn visual voicemail off in phone settings . 

Need Help? Let's chat.