cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail from different country

Buddy44
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I am going on trip to different country. How can I check my voicemail online and can I extend my limit so I can know when who tried to call me during my travel??

9 REPLIES 9

@Anonymous wrote:

iirc YouMail as well.

Yep, Youmail will take your calls when you set conditional call forwards as previously described by @kselmak, and they will not only email you a sound file of the voicemail, but also include a speech-to-text transcription as well.

No need to ever have to call anywhere to get voicemails. TextNow is a good option to keep on your phone for calls to Canada while over wi-fi too. May not work on all hotspots though.

Anonymous
Not applicable

iirc YouMail as well.

@kselmak @popping 

Thanks for the info to the OP. I couldn't remember how it was done or which app.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@darlicious wrote:

@Buddy44 

I believe @Nezgar and @popping can share the method to get email print outs of your voicemail.

I conditionally call forward my incoming call if no answer to Fongo.  I set up Fongo to send the voicemail voice file to my inbox.  I listen them in any order I want.  Fongo does convert the voice message into text.  I don't know any service will do that.

Fongo number is also your incoming fax number.  Fongo will send you the incoming fax pdf file to your inbox too.

@darlicious 

Good to know I'm cheap and never use that option i just let it expire so that i squeeze out the last moment as the result that number can't be reached.

So reporting it lost the last day and calling it with the announcement interruption and voicemail pin is the simplest way to go.

If you want access through email forward to Fongo number instead of voicemail number (call settings/calling accounts/sim/forwarding settings if you have android phone) and you can listen to it through their app or get it in your inbox.

Ps @Buddy44  if you have iphone you can dial the following 3 with your alternative numbe

*61*Your Alt Number# 

*62*Your Alt Number# 

*67*Your Alt Number# 

That will set your other number as the voicemail.

I actually don't use Publicmobile voicemail at all as i need more room and possibility to keep some messages indefinitely, this is free and works great

@Buddy44 

I believe @Nezgar and @popping can share the method to get email print outs of your voicemail.

@kselmak 

Suspending your account via lost/stolen before renewal maintains your voicemail active when calling from a different phone number for your entire suspension time.

Buddy44
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It is little expensive to call. Is there any other way to check like online. Etc ? 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@Buddy44 

If you are going to keep your account active you can forward all your calls (just before leaving) to a free Fongo account which you can use with local data or WiFi and also Fongo will email you a copy if you wish. 

If you call a lot to usa Sweden Australia landlines Germany landlines you may consider free TextNow instead of Fongo, with TextNow you can also text.

If you are planning to renew only after 85 days to keep your account, while you are suspended you can't receive voicemails. I suggest you pick a VoIP service (i still suggest Fongo and TextNow) and inform all your important contacts of your alternative number.

Have a safe trip

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Buddy44 

you will need to leave the sim card in Canada

when you're in the other country call your phone number then dial * right away and it will take you to your voicemail. enter your pin and you're good to go.

call your phone with a different number and test this out now to make sure it works

Need Help? Let's chat.