cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail Password Activation Error

socialserviette
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am trying to setup my public mobile voicemail for the first time, however the 4-15 digit password it asks you to input is never accepted, the response is simply “invalid entry, please re-enter your password”. I’ve tried several different passwords. Couldn’t find anyone else with this problem. Any help would be much appreciated! 

Thanks!

26 REPLIES 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

@socialserviette wrote:

ya im gonna need these minutes till my next monthly period, but i sense you really like to get to the bottom of these things, so I will be sure to let you know what the moderators say and i will ask them what the underlying problem really was. Its very obvious you know what you are doing with all this stuff though. Is it career experience?

I'm an old computer techy kinda guy. I like to figure stuff out. I hate losing. It's just a stupid piece of hardware and some imperfect software that'll only do what it's told.

Mostly just reading alot and learning from others for this stuff.

Don't get too hung up on official wording around here. Some is right. Others don't match reality. The whole idea here is to save money. No other provider has the four different kinds of rewards available to lessen the cost. And the plans are competitive. Unfortunately, this place really only responds to others, not lead. But they often do compete.

socialserviette

ya im gonna need these minutes till my next monthly period, but i sense you really like to get to the bottom of these things, so I will be sure to let you know what the moderators say and i will ask them what the underlying problem really was. Its very obvious you know what you are doing with all this stuff though. Is it career experience?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@socialserviette wrote:

Ya i noticed it when i first signed up on their page, it wasnt even the wording, but they very slyly changed the font of certain words so that if one was to complain they could use it as a "oh we meant this". Im sure i can survive just fine on the 50 text limit, just pretty scummy in my mind. What else should I have expected. Its funny though because I did question it as soon as I saw the font play, but i hesitantly concluded to myself that they wouldnt screw people over like that so obviously. How wrong I was. 

And yes those codes gave me a similar listing screen of my options, whether enabled or disabled, but they did not show what number (VAN i assume) they were attributed to. There was only an option to "dismiss" the page, nothing that provided me with greater information.

All three *should* be set. Your dialer should also be able to get them. There are three different call forwarding options. 1. busy 2. not reachable 3. no reply. Exact terminology may vary.

Busy: *67*12265804001#

Not reachable: *62*12265804001#

No reply: *61*12265804001*30#

The last sets a ring time of the max 30 seconds.

I know it takes minutes but I'd still be curious to know what you get with the 1 key or manually dialing.

After the 1 key try, go to your call log details in the self-serve and see what number it went to.

But I get it...minutes and all.

socialserviette

Ya i noticed it when i first signed up on their page, it wasnt even the wording, but they very slyly changed the font of certain words so that if one was to complain they could use it as a "oh we meant this". Im sure i can survive just fine on the 50 text limit, just pretty scummy in my mind. What else should I have expected. Its funny though because I did question it as soon as I saw the font play, but i hesitantly concluded to myself that they wouldnt screw people over like that so obviously. How wrong I was. 

And yes those codes gave me a similar listing screen of my options, whether enabled or disabled, but they did not show what number (VAN i assume) they were attributed to. There was only an option to "dismiss" the page, nothing that provided me with greater information.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@socialserviette wrote:

Thank you for that. Surprised there isnt any obvious page or information in general saying that that is how you reach the public mobile staff. Maybe they just dont want it known otherwise they would be bombarded with messages? And yes i have tried that #3 option several times before and after your last message and it still says invalid entry for my phone number (226 580 **** and then pound as intructed). I just contacted the moderator team, thank you for all this help, pretty dumb that you have to go through all of this to get the voicemail going. Also not sure if anyone else noticed, but in the ads and info for the $10 talk and text plan, which i am on, they say "50 international outgoing texts per month", which you would assume means that only international texts are subject to that 50 text limit. Well looks like they either made a really big screw-up or they are frauding people, beacuse any text i send, and i have yet to send an international text as far as im aware, has been charged against me. Frustrated to say the least. I thought maybe Public Mobile was the first provider to actually price their plans somewhat fairly (considering how terribly cheap it is to actually provide cell service), well looks like there is yet to be such a reasonable provider. Hence why i hate phone service companies more than any other type of corporation, among many other fraudulent practices they use. Pardon my rant.

You're the second person in my memory (and oddly recently) that has commented on the international texting wording. I think their intention is to say simply...text to anywhere.

I'm on the same plan. Works fine for me. I barely use my phone anymore though.

Did you get any useful results from those other codes I posted? They should all go to that VAN.

socialserviette

Thank you for that. Surprised there isnt any obvious page or information in general saying that that is how you reach the public mobile staff. Maybe they just dont want it known otherwise they would be bombarded with messages? And yes i have tried that #3 option several times before and after your last message and it still says invalid entry for my phone number (226 580 **** and then pound as intructed). I just contacted the moderator team, thank you for all this help, pretty dumb that you have to go through all of this to get the voicemail going. Also not sure if anyone else noticed, but in the ads and info for the $10 talk and text plan, which i am on, they say "50 international outgoing texts per month", which you would assume means that only international texts are subject to that 50 text limit. Well looks like they either made a really big screw-up or they are frauding people, beacuse any text i send, and i have yet to send an international text as far as im aware, has been charged against me. Frustrated to say the least. I thought maybe Public Mobile was the first provider to actually price their plans somewhat fairly (considering how terribly cheap it is to actually provide cell service), well looks like there is yet to be such a reasonable provider. Hence why i hate phone service companies more than any other type of corporation, among many other fraudulent practices they use. Pardon my rant.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@socialserviette wrote:

So when you say "With the other phone idea, you call your number", is this number my actual phone number or the area code + prefix +4001? And then for the "and then do the * and password and all." is that just my phone number again followed by the pound, because it continues not to work. How do i get a moderator to help me?

There are several ways to get into ones voicemail.

1. use the phone dialer and press and hold the 1 key that *should* get to the configured VAN - uses minutes.

2. manually dial the VAN (in your case 12265804001) - uses minutes

3. using a different phone, call your own phone number from it (not the VAN), let it ring on the phone, when it hopefully drops to a properly configured voicemail box and starts to play your greeting then press the * key which will then prompt for the password and then you're in - does NOT use minutes

Initial configuration will be a little different from #3 when calling from a different phone.

Click the orange underlined link.

@Moderator_Team

socialserviette

So when you say "With the other phone idea, you call your number", is this number my actual phone number or the area code + prefix +4001? And then for the "and then do the * and password and all." is that just my phone number again followed by the pound, because it continues not to work. How do i get a moderator to help me?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@socialserviette wrote:

Lol I did not know you weren’t even a moderator, I do really appreciate the help though. Can a moderator not just join in here an help, or so I have to do something else to get them? And yes my minutes are taking a hit sadly.

I do have another phone I can use. I called 1 226 580 4001 on it, but didn’t get anywhere with it. It gives you the option to select a language first, and then you can either leave a voice message by “enter(ing) the number you are calling”, or u can “enter your mailbox number and press star during your greeting”, “to acces your messages”. Not sure what to make of that. I did enter my full phone number plus the requested pound, still did not work. To answer your other question yes I have reset my voicemail password twice in self-serve. 

Oh right. No. With the other phone idea, you call your number from it and then wait for it to hopefully drop to voicemail (which is hopefully properly set up on the phone itself) and then do the * and password and all. But only after you've reset the password on the self-serve.

So other codes to dial are:

*#67#

*#62#

Those are the other call forwarding options. Check to make sure they say +12265804001 .

But these should all be accessible from your dialer in some settings and options somewhere.

socialserviette

Lol I did not know you weren’t even a moderator, I do really appreciate the help though. Can a moderator not just join in here an help, or so I have to do something else to get them? And yes my minutes are taking a hit sadly.

I do have another phone I can use. I called 1 226 580 4001 on it, but didn’t get anywhere with it. It gives you the option to select a language first, and then you can either leave a voice message by “enter(ing) the number you are calling”, or u can “enter your mailbox number and press star during your greeting”, “to acces your messages”. Not sure what to make of that. I did enter my full phone number plus the requested pound, still did not work. To answer your other question yes I have reset my voicemail password twice in self-serve. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@socialserviette wrote:

Yes I understand, that is my phone number, minus of course the last four digits like you had mentioned not to post. If someone is trying reach me they use 226 580 ****. 

There we go then. Thanks.

So what happens if you manually dial 1 226 580 4001 ? That is your "local" VAN.

Will it get to something about voicemail?

Did you reset the password in the self-serve?

Either way will it accept your phone number as the password?

Do you have access to another phone to call the VAN so as not to use your minutes?

I know this is all going to take your plan minutes but I'm trying nail down where the problem is. Sometimes there are weird things with voicemail. I'm fine and would understand if you'd just as soon have the moderators try to figure it out.

socialserviette

Yes I understand, that is my phone number, minus of course the last four digits like you had mentioned not to post. If someone is trying reach me they use 226 580 ****. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@socialserviette wrote:

Hmm so the *#61# gave me a screen with all the phone service options, and whether or not they were disabled or enabled. The top one was the only one enabled, it was voice call, when unanswered: 226 580 4001 as you suggested. That did not work as my voicemail password however. As far as I know my area code is the first three digits: 226, and my prefix is the next three numbers: 580, correct? There is another area code here so I will try that now as my password. 

No. I mean YOUR phone number (area code/prefix) that people would call you with. That 580 4001 is one of the voicemail access numbers.

Edit: @socialserviette I'm trying to verify that the voicemail access number (VAN) you're currently set up with is the right one by using your area code and prefix to verify against a list of VAN's. The password is *supposed* to be your phone number that people would call you with. But maybe you're getting to the wrong voicemail box. I don't know.

socialserviette

Hmm so the *#61# gave me a screen with all the phone service options, and whether or not they were disabled or enabled. The top one was the only one enabled, it was voice call, when unanswered: 226 580 4001 as you suggested. That did not work as my voicemail password however. As far as I know my area code is the first three digits: 226, and my prefix is the next three numbers: 580, correct? There is another area code here so I will try that now as my password. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@socialserviette wrote:

There is no setting specifically saying that call forwarding and etc is set to a number, but it is implied that it is the same number, as the phone number is at the top of all the options. The area code is 226, prefix is 580.

I was meaning *your* area code and prefix. The numbers you gave probably end with 4001.

Can your phone "dial" *#61# and get a useful result?

socialserviette

There is no setting specifically saying that call forwarding and etc is set to a number, but it is implied that it is the same number, as the phone number is at the top of all the options. The area code is 226, prefix is 580.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@socialserviette 

In those voicemail or call forwarding options in your phone...what number is set for voicemail or eg. call forwarding no answer?

What is your area code and prefix?

socialserviette

Additionally, yes I do have a limited minutes plan, but how would I be able to access my voicemail from another phone/phone number? Or maybe I’m reading that wrong. I really wish I had someone to call, but I do know that because there isn’t any phone services there is lower prices, which I much rather favour. Maybe my sim is corrupt or something, I’m really not seeing any solution. Perhaps the Apple settings option to change my voicemail password is messing with the Public Mobile end of the change. Lol I just want my voicemail.

socialserviette

Thanks for all the help. Yes I get into the voicemail, and after putting in my phone number it says “invalid entry, please re-enter your password”. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@socialserviette wrote:

Yes I have created the self-serve account and did reset my voicemail password. My phone number still wouldn’t work. Interestingly when I was looking in iOS settings there is an option to reset the voicemail password there. I tried that, and it still didn’t work, probably because the action didn’t go through however, as the screen did not show any confirmation, instead a seemingly frozen screen with “saving...”. 

So to be sure...

you reset your voicemail password in the self-serve

You maybe pressed and held the 1 key in your dialer

you got to the voicemail response

did it ask for a password?

what happened when you typed in your phone number?

Or...are you even able to get to your voicemail?

what is your area code and prefix (don't tell us the last 4 digits)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@socialserviette wrote:

Appreciate the quick response! Thank you.

Frustratingly enough though, neither of those suggestions have worked. Although is the second solution u mentioned only doable from someone else’s phone? Maybe that’s it.

You can do initial set up on the phone or if you reset the password then on another phone. It only matters if you have a limited minutes plan. If not then just do it all on the phone.

Either way, the password really should have been your phone number from the start.

socialserviette

Yes I have created the self-serve account and did reset my voicemail password. My phone number still wouldn’t work. Interestingly when I was looking in iOS settings there is an option to reset the voicemail password there. I tried that, and it still didn’t work, probably because the action didn’t go through however, as the screen did not show any confirmation, instead a seemingly frozen screen with “saving...”. 

@socialserviette, have you created your My Account / Self Serve account yet?  Once signed in if you have, no the right side of the overview page, there is a link to click (on any web browser) to reset the password for voice mail.

Once reset - it will be the 10-digit phone number.

If you haven't yet signed up for the account there is a link to register on this page:

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca

Post edited : Corrected link - stonechucker

socialserviette

Appreciate the quick response! Thank you.

Frustratingly enough though, neither of those suggestions have worked. Although is the second solution u mentioned only doable from someone else’s phone? Maybe that’s it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@socialserviette wrote:

I am trying to setup my public mobile voicemail for the first time, however the 4-15 digit password it asks you to input is never accepted, the response is simply “invalid entry, please re-enter your password”. I’ve tried several different passwords. Couldn’t find anyone else with this problem. Any help would be much appreciated! 

Thanks!

It's the phone number.

Or...go into the self-serve and reset the voicemail password. It becomes the phone number. Then you can do initial set up from a different phone if you're on a limited plan.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@socialserviette wrote:

Thanks!

Your password was set up during your sim activation. Do you remember it? Or it was sent to you by text ..If you still can't find it you can write a message to the moderator here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 and explain your problem. Waiting time is few hours to 2 days.

Need Help? Let's chat.