cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail Notifications

qthcr73
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am not receiving voicemail notifications in real time. People leave me a voicemail and I receive nothing, unless I happen to restart my phone but by that time it's way too late. 

I have checked and rechecked all my settings. I have reset my network settings. Nothing thus far makes any difference. 

22 REPLIES 22

Thanks @qthcr73   for confirming and share the great news!!

qthcr73

Apple recently updated to iOS 16.4, and I'm happy to report that my voicemail notifications have been working correctly ever since the update. Thanks for your help. 

Paulinga2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Got in touch with tech support person (Telus)-Dan and my voicemail was reset which completely sol.ved the issue.

Good news!

Thanks for your repliesand suggestions, Softech.

@Paulinga2  I guess you can ask them if they have reset your account or reset your mailbox., and see if they agree with the reimbursement of a new sim cost

Paulinga2

Yes I have reset network settings but without success.

Support only suggested Factory reset and closed the ticket.

Factory reset didn't work.

@Paulinga2  I guess you tried to swap phone/sim with your wife and same?

did you try "Reset All network"?

did Support tried to reset your account or reset the voicemail?

If you have a support ticket already, ask them if you can get a new sim to test it out and they reimburse you the cost of it

Paulinga2

Same problem on Pixel 5 on Android 13. No voicemail notification sound or banner or statusbar icon. Tried everything including tech support. When I use the Sim in a different phone (iPhone) also no notification. Someone suggested it must be network related, but my wife does not have the problem on her PM account in the same house. Could it possibly be Simcard related? If so I could try a simcard swap, but I would hate to waste a sim card:)

@qthcr73 

Telus has visual voicemail PM does not. I suspect just as @LoveNature it has something to do with visual voicemail. look for settings to try and disable that feature. 

the other option to have some sort of voicemail notification is to use an app like youmail

qthcr73

I agree it does seem network related. I reset my network settings with no difference. Toggling airplane mode does not seem to work. 

I do have signal strength issues within the building that I live; but moving into a strong signal strength area doesn't make any difference. 

qthcr73

No its an iPhone 

qthcr73

Yeah I get that about the iOS versions. I am at 16.3 while the 6s is at 15.7.3 The thing is though, I had no problem at all when I was still with TELUS as my carrier. (I know…I'm essentially still with Telus)

qthcr73

Yes it is, for sure. 

@qthcr73   if you moved the sim to another phone and it works, then it is a phone issue

What iOS versions on the XR and 6S?

there hvae been posts about some iOS upgrade breaks the notification. 

qthcr73

I use an iPhone XR. I moved my SIM card to an iPhone 6s and it worked as it should. 
I had no problem previously when I subscribed to my previous carrier (TELUS). 

@umnikke8 yucky.

Does this also happen still if you move your SIM card into another device?

umnikke8
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@esjliv Yep, it just is what it is. I went through the whole rigmarole with support, lots of resetting and changes on both sides and occasional and intermittent is all its ever been. I gave up trying to get it to work, a pain point to live with for cheaper service.

@umnikke8 wrote:

They've never really worked for me on Public. An intermittent one here or there, but generally doesn't work, have to remember to check.

Well that ain't right @umnikke8 . They should work if there are no network or device setting issues.

umnikke8

They've never really worked for me on Public. An intermittent one here or there, but generally doesn't work, have to remember to check.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@qthcr73 - this seems network related. Restarting your phone helps you kickstart the network. You can also toggle into and out of airplane mode to do this as well. But really, you should not have to be doing any of this to receive the voicemail notifications on time.

If the network is weak, then becomes strong again the notification should come in.

Or, it is a device issue. Try the SIM in another phone and see if the same thing happens.

Perhaps perform a Reset of your device's Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, VPN and APN settings, and connected Bluetooth devices that you've used before.

Iphone:

To Reset Network Settings, begin by opening the Settings app. Next, tap General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. and enter your passcode.

Your iPhone will reset network settings and restart itself.

android:

Find and tap Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Reset network settings.

LoveNature

Hi @qthcr73 

if have new iphone, the visual voicemail, is not support by PM.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @qthcr73   are you using an Android phone?

Try to clear cache of your phone and and message app

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@qthcr73 

Check your time set on your phone. Is it the current time?

Need Help? Let's chat.