cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail Error

EleanorW
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When I try to call voicemail, it goes to a screen saying "error performing request unknown error". I saw a previous thread where the solution was restarting the phone, but I tried this and it hasn't fixed the problem. 

I can see that people have left voicemails, and I get an SMS when they do, I just can't access my inbox. Any ideas?

9 REPLIES 9

gord1963
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had the same issue   SOFTECH  solution worked !  this seemed to fix my issue.  I did not need the area code and I found the voicemail# here ....  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-Numbers/...

Paula20
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@softech 

Thank you very much, it worked!

@Paula20 

I assume yours is an iphone, Try this. Hopefully it works.

First make note of your voicemail number:

Voicemail# is (1- Your area code - 580 - 4001). Example 14385804001

Now,  program it into your iPhone,

1.    open your dialpad as if you were to place an outgoing call and enter:*5005*86*VOICEMAIL# then hit Call/SendNote:
  2. After hitting Send/Call, the iPhone screen will flash but nothing will happen. This means that you’ve entered the code successfully.
  3. You can now test your voicemail button to see if it’s working.

If it doesn’t work on the first try, make sure you’re entering the correct voicemail number and try again. You must sometimes include the country code (Example: +1 for US) with or without the + sign. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Paula20 

can you try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,to refreshing your network,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

Set up Voicemail (publicmobile.ca)

@Paula20 wrote:

Hi there,

I have this same problem. I tried the suggestion with the ##004# and it said it said Setting Erasure Succedded but when then In press 1 and hold, it gives me back the Call Failed message. How can I get it to work?

Tks!

what happen when you call and check your voicemail from a landline? same?

and you have an iPhone?. you are trying to call your voicemail by pressing 1?  If so, it is possible your voicemail number setup on the shortcut key was incorrect

Paula20
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there,

I have this same problem. I tried the suggestion with the ##004# and it said it said Setting Erasure Succedded but when then In press 1 and hold, it gives me back the Call Failed message. How can I get it to work?

Tks!

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@EleanorW try dialling ##004# then try holding 1 to see if your voicemail works

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@EleanorW , how are you trying to access voicemail?  Are you using a speed dial or actually typing in your own phone number of the Public Mobile voicemail number?  If you are using speed dial, it could be that setting in your phone app has been corrupted.  Check the speed dial settings in that case.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@EleanorW  did your voicemail work before? What's the make and model of your phone.  Thanks. Stay safe.

Need Help? Let's chat.