cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail Being Weird

Andrew2000
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Today I got a voicemail and when I called to check, it was strange. It picked and there was dead silence for 10 seconds, before it finally started talking. Then after I listened and deleted the message there was another 10 seconds before it came back and listed the options.

Now the un-dismissible voicemail indicator is still showing on my Android phone notifications. I've called back multiple times to ensure there are no new messages, but the indicator doesn't go away.

3 REPLIES 3

Strangely enough, @Andrew2000 , I've run into that situation before myself.  

It's almost as if the 'system' may think that you're still within the voicemail system so it doesn't clear the indicator.   It shouldn't take a reboot.    I've found that I need to select to 'save' message or 'delete' it before it might clear the indicator.

What you might try next time is simply toggling airplane mode off, then back on, and see if that works.

Glad you got it sorted out.

Andrew2000
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I restart the phone and it went away, so that's fine.

The fact that it occurred at the same time as the other weirdness makes me suspect it's PM issue though. I've used voicemail lots of times before and never had either issue.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Andrew2000 the indicator issue could be device level issue. Press and hold the icon and seelct reset counter and see if it works

Need Help? Let's chat.