cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice mail not working, texts and phone calls not coming in from other providers either

JEM
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I ported over my phone # yesterday from Bell, got the 3 mos plan with Canada wide talk, international text and some data.  I changed out the SIM card and was able to get my texts from telus users but not from Rogers users.  When people phone me, it will go right into my Bell Voice Mail account.  I accessed that by dialing a 1 and my phone number after reading some info on the forums here.  I reinstalled my SIM card twice, restarted my phone... still same.  When I dialed 1 to set up my voice mail it says, "Public Mobile here, sorry, talk is not included in your plan..." but it is.. I have paid for 3 months of Canada wide talk.  Can anyone offer me any other ideas as to why I can't seem to get going here on Public Mobile?  I've already referred about 3 people over who are waiting for SIM cards....  anyone???

12 REPLIES 12

JEM

Thanks, Mary for re-porting my number back in again.  That's resolved all the problems.. yea!

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good afternoon,

I apologize for this but I am currently unable to tag any users.

If the issue persists, kindly private message me the ported phone number, the account # associated and your Public Mobile number.

Being unable to receive calls is usually an indication that the port did not go through, but I can verify this for you 🙂

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @JEM, welcome to Public Mobile, and sorry to hear of this issue!  Has this been resolved by now, either on it's own (sometimes the port takes a bit longer), or by @Shazia_K or @Mary_M?

Alternatively, if this is still an issue, and you haven't done this already try:  power off your phone. remove the SIM card, and if your battery is removable, remove it too.  Wait 60 seconds or longer.  Re-insert the SIM card, and if applicable, your battery, and power the phone back on.  Sometimes this is required after a port/activation.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Pier wrote:

You can send your info in private to Luddite and she will get back to you asap. Don't plublish any personnal information in public.

Tghanks,

Ha @Pier that photo is just a joke I play on everyone. This is the real me and folks take me very seriously when I indicate I am hungry:

Smilodon_fatalis (1).jpg

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

JEM

Thanks Luddite, I'll tough it out till tomorrow and hope for the best. I work all through the day but will attempt to make contact through my lunch.. feeling so frustrated!

@JEM I am a customer just like you, so please hang on for the moderators @Shazia_K @Mary_M in the morning. They will get your Bell port repaired. If you have no response by noon tomorrow let us know.

Normally while a port is in progress your old sim (Bell in your case) will continue to work. If it is not working try rebooting your phone and/or a network reset. That will sometime clear it up.

You will likely need to send some information by private message. If unfamiliar with this feature, you can review it here: Private Messages - viewing and creating. It will speed things along if you can check in from time to time during "Ontario business hours" tomorrow.

Meanwhile, if you lose all service both with PM and Bell and you need to make phone calls try an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi.

Hang in there. Better days to come.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@JEM wrote:

How do I do that on this site?

Go to their profile or hover over on their profile and select Send Message.

@Pier wrote:

You can send your info in private to Luddite and she will get back to you asap. Don't plublish any personnal information in public.

Tghanks,

You mean @Shazia_K ? 

JEM

How do I do that on this site?

Pier
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Tghanks,

JEM

Thanks, Pier!  Appreciate your thoughtfulness.. now, how do I get a moderator?  🙂

Pier
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi!

Sorry to hear that you still can't enjoy your new service. Sometimes, this kind of problem happens and the only way to get it solved is to get assistance from the moderators. I hope they will look into it shortly for you. Welcome on board and enjoy fully your new service.

Best,

Need Help? Let's chat.