Voice Message

sweeterhome
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My plan is $15 per month:

• This plan includes: -
  • - 100 Minutes Canada-Wide Talk + Unlimited Incoming Minutes
  • - 250 MB at 3G speed
  • - Unlimited International Text

I just found out I cannot receive voice messages. when I called my number, I can hear my recording for people to leave messages, but I couldn't receive alerts of incoming voice messages, not to mention to play them.

does anybody know why?

Thank you

13 REPLIES 13

@sweeterhome 

hi,

follow these steps below to reset your network settings

• open settings
  • scroll down and tap advanced settings
  • tap backup & reset
  • tap network settings reset
  • tap network settings reset and confirm
  • restart your phone and test

@sweeterhome 

When you dial any one of the access numbers from your cell phone, you should only have to enter your PIN, unless you've turned that off. (I highly recommend you leave ON the requirement to enter PIN from your own phone as caller ID can be spoofed)

When calling any of those access numbers from another phone, you first press 1 for english, then enter your mailbox number which is your own 10 digit phone number ie 2361234567. When your announcement plays, press * and then enter your PIN#.

Cheers! -N

@Carniam wrote:

Have you set up your voicemail yet? Start with that. You should be able to hold 1 to access your voicemail, or call your number from another number and press pound

@Carniam press * I believe not #

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@sweeterhome Your mailbox number is your phone number.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

sweeterhome

Thank you. It works to press 1 to get the messages.

sweeterhome

Thank you.

I did get an alert to call 2265804001 to retrieve my message. That is no problem.

My problem comes in the next step when I was asked to punch my mail box number. I don't know what it is. Can anybody help?

@sweeterhome  here's @Nezgar ' s list ofupdated voicemail numbers use it to find a local one and program it in https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-Numbers/...

Stay safe. 

sweeterhome

I didn't set up visual voice message.

Thank you.

sweeterhome

I reset my network and get a voice message alert, but when I call the number to retrieve my message, I was asked to punch in my mail box number. I don't remember set up such a number. Is this normal? if it is, how can I reset my mail box number to access my voice messages.

I did follow your advice and disabled the forwarding calls

Thank you.

sweeterhome

I reset my network and get a voice message alert, but when I call the number to retrieve my message, I was asked to punch in my mail box number. I don't remember set up such a number. Is this normal? if it is, how can I reset my mail box number to access my voice messages.

Thank you.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@sweeterhome  What type of phone do you have? Did you have visual voicemail enabled with your previous provider?

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@sweeterhome  maybe unconditional call forwarding was turned on. Dial #21# to disable it. Restart your phone. Wait 30 seconds and restart it.  Stay safe.  Let us know what happens. Thanks.

Carniam
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Have you set up your voicemail yet? Start with that. You should be able to hold 1 to access your voicemail, or call your number from another number and press pound

Need Help? Let's chat.