cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice Mail

GeorgeBeshara
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When someone calls me and leaves a voice mail message, does the call count as time used from within my 100 minute per month plan?  

5 REPLIES 5

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@GeorgeBeshara wrote:

When someone calls me and leaves a voice mail message, does the call count as time used from within my 100 minute per month plan?  

Hi @GeorgeBeshara did you get the answer to your question?  If you did, that's great!  We are fellow customers here in the forums doing our best to help customers with their issue/problem.

If you have any other questions, we are here to help.

RosieR

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@GeorgeBeshara wrote:

Further to what others have already written - you can avoid using your outgoing minutes by calling your own number from another phone or landline, declining or ignoring the call and pressing "*" at the greeting. To do this without ringing your phone, you can dial any one of the local access numbers across Canada, listed here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-N...

You can also get the equivalent of "Visual Voicemail" by directing your unanswered calls to an alternate voicemail service like YouMail, freephoneline.ca, or Fongo Mobile - and have them emailed to you as sound file attachments, and also a text transcription in the case of YouMail. This way, you never have to make a call and use minutes to listen to your voicemail.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@GeorgeBeshara , the caller always has to pay for the outgoing call.  However, if you listen to the voicemail you will be charge for making the call.  This help article covers which calls cost minutes and which don't.  

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/limited-talk-and-text-plans

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@GeorgeBeshara wrote:

This is a valid question, and one I had early on.

The calls to voicemail get recorded on your self-serve usage history details as "Outgoing calls" because the incoming caller is being redirected to the voicemail number associated with your area when a call reroutes to that voicemail.

Even though it may show as "Outgoing" in those details, rest assured it DOES NOT count toward limited minute plans.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@GeorgeBeshara : No. You using the same phone to listen to that voicemail - yes. You can use another phone or a voip app to save those minutes.

Are you asking for curiosity or have you noticed something? The front page counter is the one that matters. The usage details are really just a log of all in and out activity.

Need Help? Let's chat.