cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VoLTE with PM

Shubh2023
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I know, it might sound a little weird. I was wondering, if PM has VoLTE

Bringing the same number from a different company to PM & Canadian phone (bought last year) 

Any inputs are appreciated 👍🏻

14 REPLIES 14

Shubh2023

Sure, that is still OK with me! Even if I don't see VoLTE or 5G initially (touch/knock on wood), I am still joining Public soon, changing from my current operator to PM
I liked the offers + 5G + rewards/benefits & pre-paid service (have used prepaid most of my life) so, I would be more than happy to use & explore the facilities, Public Mobile has to offer! 

@Shubh2023 wrote:

Well, that is true, that it may not, but, have got some experience with call quality in 3G & 4G VoLTE
It differs, plus, the network can be a thing, considering that we now have 5G, so, VoLTE should be a common thing. That is why I was curious about it! 

Well unfortunately VoLTE is can be hit and miss even when compatibility appears to be assured.  There are  also 5G phones that don't get 5G access.  It is best to be wary of these things in advance so that there are no bad surprises.  The service works fine without VoLTE or 5G.  

Shubh2023

Well, that is true, that it may not, but, have got some experience with call quality in 3G & 4G VoLTE
It differs, plus, the network can be a thing, considering that we now have 5G, so, VoLTE should be a common thing. That is why I was curious about it! 

So the question occurs to me, why does it matter? If you think you'll be going to the states with either roaming option then maybe. But that's really the only place to be concerned. Oh and parts of MB. While providers will be slowly removing the old UMTS network, we allegedly have until the end of 2025 to do something about it. And not having volte will still mean being able to talk on that network.

Shubh2023

Oh I see. A little weird but, have to see! 

@Shubh2023 wrote:

Much appreciated 👍🏻

Edit - Just checked it.

This is the message -

Your phone is compatible.

This phone will work on the TELUS VoLTE network.

The information on the Telus website is meant as a guide only.  Unofrutnately, there are devices that show up as compatible according to Telus but that don't work on Public Mobile's VoLTE (even some Telus-sold devices).

Shubh2023

In the article - it has been mentioned that they might have a compatibility checker

can you just like share the link with me because I can't find it from that article

and I just checked out the list, it has the Motorola edge 2022, but not my phone

so I just wanted to use the checker to find out if they can check out the IMEI number with their system! 

I'm not so sure about the Telus list. This is the so-far current Public list:
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/volte
But nor am I sure of that one. My phone seems to have been on volte for a while now and it's not on that list. Another customer has the identical phone and does not see the volte on their phone. It's been experienced around here that phones have been enabled and then removed. Mine still has not. So YMMV. I think for all new customers that it's a wait and see once here.

Shubh2023

Much appreciated 👍🏻

Edit - Just checked it.

This is the message -

Your phone is compatible.

This phone will work on the TELUS VoLTE network.

Shubh2023

Understandable. 

Motorola edge 2021 (Canadian)

Shubh2023

Sure because I am thinking of porting to public next week or maybe in the first week of October

So I can check it out if that is the scenario - what you mentioned about the symbol, which is there in the network! 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Shubh2023  Here’s how to 

Check phone for voLTE / support

https://www.telus.com/en/support/article/how-to-use-volte

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Not all phones make it so easy. What is your make and model?

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Shubh2023 

Public Mobile does have VoLTE. If you make a phone call without WiFi on you’ll see if your call stays on LTE or not. If it stays on LTE then you’re all good. All new customers should have VoLTE enabled by default if it’s supported by your device.

Need Help? Let's chat.