cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Voicemail

Mailalexsh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Does PM have an add-on feature or a plan that includes a transcript of incoming voicemails. I used to get them in past as texts with other carriers but not all offered them. Thanks! 

10 REPLIES 10

@MailalexshAs you will see from the codes listed in the article @Luddite linked to, there is "unconditional" forwarding (*21) that immediately redirects all calls to a specified number.

However, there is also three types of "conditional" call forwarding: Busy (or declined), Not reachable (ie phone in airplane mode or out of coverage area), and no answer (when your phone rings for an amount of time, 25s by default with PM, but is not answered). These three types are set to a Public Mobile voicemail access number, by default, but can be programmed elsewhere. Youmail is a great alternative service which does voicemail to email AND text transcription with their free service. You don't even need to install their app if you setup your account via the web. Their setup instructions will tell you the numbers and codes to dial to set those three "conditional" call forward types to their service.

@Mailalexsh wrote:

I’m not sure if this is a redundant question, but would my phone ring as usual when I forward to external service or would I answer calls through a different app?

thanks

@Mailalexsh  Check out this article to set up call forwarding after allowing ring on your phone. https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/call-forwarding

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mailalexsh : This voicemail system (all?) works by way of call forwarding. The default activation will set all the conditional forwarding to the provider voicemail access number. You can change it to whatever you like. I was referring to a voicemail service...not a voip service....but it's certainly also an option. Good backup as well. I have TextNow that can do both talk and text. I use the PM voicemail system though.

With the VoIP service to setup for the visual call display ,  i believe you just setup a new number and setup on your PM phone call forward when no answer after  couple rings.   So, your PM phone would still ring couple times.   And you don't have to give your friend your VoIP number.  They still call your PM number.  Just that the voicemail goes to your VoIP line and you check with with the app

Mailalexsh

I’m not sure if this is a redundant question, but would my phone ring as usual when I forward to external service or would I answer calls through a different app?

thanks

Mailalexsh

Thanks @mimmo!

When you setup a VoIP, do you provide your friends and family with the VoIP number or the PM number? 

thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mailalexsh : An option would be to use an external service like YouMail. Instead of the standard forwarding to this voicemail, you forward calls to the external service.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Mailalexsh  in the past I have set my voicemail number to fongo( free VoIP Canadian number) and set it to go to voicemail on 1 ring.

Fongo has visual voicemail. But it does not have sms transcripts of voicemails.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Mailalexsh   Sorry PM does not offer Visual VM  and I am not sure they will.  

if this is definitely needed, maybe you have to check Koodo and Telus.  

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Mailalexsh 

Unfortunately, not. 

PM is a low cost, no frills company.  

To keep costs lower, extras like visual voicemail, eSIM, etc.  are not available.  

Need Help? Let's chat.