cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visiting Rewards Page says "Profile being created". I'm on old loyalty rewards and don't want it.

AXT
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When I visit Rewards Page it says...

Capture1.PNG

I'm on old loyalty rewards and I do not want to convert to new Reward Points System. I don't know how this happened. Am I screwed? Is this normal? I don't believe I clicked anything to opt-in, as I have been super careful keep my old loyalty rewards. What does this page show for those on old loyalty program?

15 REPLIES 15

Phew. That is good news. Yeah the app will do that. If you log in to one account and then log out and even exit the app and then log in to another account - you can log in to the other account credentials but it will land into the previous account that had been logged in. There are two fixes that I know of: 1. go into the settings, apps, the app and delete cache and data, 2. uninstall/reinstall the app.

@AXT wrote:

Okay here is an update. The problem/message just disappeared. I guess my account is not being migrated to the new Rewards system. My old Loyalty stuff seems to be intact (I hope).

I think I know what caused the glitch. I had created a new publicmobile/eversafe account to port over a number from a different carrier and using the same browser, with browser caching etc., I think somehow that caused this visual glitch. Lesson learned, use different browsers for different accounts.

@AXT , do you have multiple online accounts?  The data caching can allow you to see into a different account which is very unsafe.  

@AXT 

so you were activating a new account and wanted to port over ? You need a new sim to do so, and a different email address. By creating the required Eversafe log-in credentials, that new account will be set up with Public Points rather than Rewards. Keep a close eye on your original Rewards page to make sure nothing has gone awry.

@AXT  glad it was just a false alarm

and yes, PM site has some browser cache problem.  Best to either use different browser to manage the different accounts, or ALWAYS use Incognito mode to avoid the cache issue

AXT

Okay here is an update. The problem/message just disappeared. I guess my account is not being migrated to the new Rewards system. My old Loyalty stuff seems to be intact (I hope).

I think I know what caused the glitch. I had created a new publicmobile/eversafe account to port over a number from a different carrier and using the same browser, with browser caching etc., I think somehow that caused this visual glitch. Lesson learned, use different browsers for different accounts.

@will13am wrote:

Out of an abundance of caution, I try my level best to avoid the reward portal.  There is really nothing to see in there.  Playing around in there is playing with fire.  

Very well said sir. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Out of an abundance of caution, I try my level best to avoid the reward portal.  There is really nothing to see in there.  Playing around in there is playing with fire.  

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Subscribing to this thread to see the outcome. 

@AXT Please let us know how it turns out.

@AXT 

no panicking allowed ! 😥

Strange things have been known to occur in PM world. Glitches are abundant..perhaps this is another glitch. We're all hoping for positive results...let us know what they say when you reach out to Customer Support.

@AXT wrote:

No way... impossible... didn't opt in, I'm in full panic mode.

@AXT  we are just customers like you and we don't know for sure.  Just that we see the screenshot you posted and we all agreed it looks like you migrated.  Please message support for further investigation

Abheer
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Well if you're one hundred percent confident, make sure you didn't log in to the wrong account (maybe you created a new account while thinking you were logging in to your old one?)
Other than that, you can do what @softech suggested to contact CS agent.

AXT

No way... impossible... didn't opt in, I'm in full panic mode.

Abheer
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Oh no, you're definitely screwed

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@AXT 

not normal.   It looks to me you somehow clicked wrong and selected to migrate your rewards onto the new one (Public Points)

I suggest you to open ticket with PM support to confirm

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@AXT 

looks like you opted in to Points. No going back now, I'm afeared.

Need Help? Let's chat.