cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visa and Two Factor Authentication

Springbok83
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Wife and I recently opened new numbers with Public Mobile. Since doing so, we are able to receive two factor authentication codes for most things (including the bank and public mobile), but not from Visa.

When trying to purchase items, the 2FA prompt comes up, shows the correct number, sends…but nothing ever arrives on my end.

Does anyone know how to rectify this?

5 REPLIES 5

@Springbok83  Should just magically start to work  by now maybe give it another day or two . But you can also . Submit ticket with support to confirm and see if there’s anything they can do their end . 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Springbok83

It’s been 7 days since I signed up with Public Mobile and still not working. Is there anything needed from my end, or will it just magically start working (in theory?)

Springbok83

Thanks for update. It’s been 7 days since I joined Public Mobile and it’s still not working. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Springbok83 

how many days you joined PM?  some banks 2FA won't start working until after 3 or even 7 days.  It is part of the porting journey 🙂

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Springbok83  This is normal for the firs 3-5 days after changing providers . After that it should start to come through .its stafety  feature agaisnt SIM card fraud . And take that time for other institutions to realize you changed providers 

Need Help? Let's chat.