Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewing sms content online

deletedbycxrequ
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

19 REPLIES 19

@softech wrote:

@Yummy   , @CountyDownIeUk  was talking about Apple 

I understand it is apple. I prefer native apps and not proprietary 'works only on my and with my hardware' apps.

@Yummy wrote:

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

@Yummy wrote:

You can see SMS on your phone only.

PM has no feature to see SMS on its web site.

Not true.  If you have Apple products you can view and send ALL texts (except texts with a pic or file attached) from iPhone on iMac, iPad and MacBook.

That is most likely if you use Proprietary apps developed and working on apple hardware only. I am not aware of anything using native SMS system being able to handle SMS.

@Yummy   , @CountyDownIeUk  was talking about Apple 

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT208386#:~:text=With%20Text%20Message%20Forwarding%2C%20the,from%20....

@BorisDoris wrote:

@softech wrote:

@zfmk843 wrote:

Where is that message?? I cannot see it. Reading all posts user changed name and removed all posts?

Very suspicious activity.

@BorisDoris  The original message in my first reply.  Glad it is day time not night.. if not , I would wonder who I talked to

@dust2dust   Yes, this guy really want no trace here.  I am glad I managed to keep his original message here.  And this is not an account just opened today but opened since 2018.  🤔

BorisDoris
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@softech wrote:

@zfmk843 wrote:

Where is that message?? I cannot see it. Reading all posts user changed name and removed all posts?

Very suspicious activity.

He had to have asked and they did very quickly. Why? Curious.

@dust2dust   oh.. user even changed the username.  Interesting

No, I didn't reply an empty post out of nothing.  Glad the OP didn't change the Subject or it will make me like an idiot (now that I brought it up, maybe he will go back and remove it now and we can complete our test with his help. 🤣  ) 

yes, user post a message about how to get text when he does not have PM service (I think he was overseas) and he cannot connect to Instagram

Provided him the answer and then he went on and removed everything.

Just find out he even change his username.  Interesting.  He really don't want a trace here

@dust2dust   haha  I see what you see.  Yes, couple empty posts

I was just telling @JL9  that if he reads everything from beginning,  he would understand that OP deleted the posts

??? I don't. I only see the one quote from softech that shows a different username. Also softech made a comment about it. I'm also curious at what appears to be a username change.

HI @JL9   I see all the posts here and read them all carefully.

Maybe it is your account. 

Open a ticket with PM CS Agent  at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Follow this to get to ticket open screen quicker:

1. start by typing : Contact CS Agent
  2. then Click "Contact Us"
  3. then Click "Other"
  4. finally Click "Click here to submit a ticket"
  5. you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the CS Agent (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

JL9
Mayor / Maire

I am not seeing any message at all (just blank) from the OP posts but obv ppl can see them as they are responding? Any reason why that is the case?

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

@Yummy wrote:

Not true.  If you have Apple products you can view and send ALL texts (except texts with a pic or file attached) from iPhone on iMac, iPad and MacBook.

That is most likely if you use Proprietary apps developed and working on apple hardware only. I am not aware of anything using native SMS system being able to handle SMS.

OP issue is that he does not have PM Service at the moment and hence unable to receive the 2FA text for logging in the IG.  

@Yummy wrote:

Not true.  If you have Apple products you can view and send ALL texts (except texts with a pic or file attached) from iPhone on iMac, iPad and MacBook.  The question is......what parameters make it work and will it work in another country?

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

@deletedbycxrequ   You don't have to remove all your comment in the posts.  In fact , it is good to leave them there for others to refer back if they have similar situation.

deletedbycxrequ

-

@deletedbycxrequ   for instagram, try this:

1. Open the Instagram app on your mobile device and enter your last known email address or phone number.
2. Tap Forgot password. tap Need more help.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions to submit a support request.

Also, when you able to get back in, please change 2FA from text to authenticator app.  This is a lot more secure and can avoid situation like this

deletedbycxrequ

-

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@zfmk843 wrote:

Hello, I am out of the country and need to receive a login code for a service. My plan is still active. My sim card is with me however no service. Can I view the message through the usage history tab under my account or perhaps request it from support? Just one message and not a log. Thank you

@deletedbycxrequ   Sorry, PM does not offer such service. You cannot view SMS content  online.  PM Support won't be able to help either  😞

Was that a friend message or some 2FA text?

If it is for friend, you can get a VoIP app like TextNow and have your friend to start sending to the new TextNow number when you are overseas

If it is 2FA, there is no way to get it then, you have to arrange with the banks for another way to send 2FA codes

Need Help? Let's chat.