cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very poor network at home

faruk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

everything is same as before . but we’ve been experiencing very poor network at home for last two months .

11 REPLIES 11

faruk

I’ve been using public mobile for a long years but suddenly from mid November phone network at my home became worse. PM tech support is looking into it as it’s a PM technical problem (either client priority or network loop hole due to some change at PM)

@faruk 

Do you have a well insulated home? Insulation in particular interferes with cellular network signal along with other construction materials. You could consider a cell signal booster.

@faruk wrote:

Actually at my home, public mobile phone network is very poor, only one bar(20% network) available. Outside home, 2-3bars.

Outside home means right at your front yard?  if that is the case, that is a true, your house was built with good material 🙂

Try changing to 3G only for a week and see if it works better, as I explained, it could be just temporary due to infrastructure upgrade.

My next question to you is what kind of phone you have?

faruk

Actually at my home, public mobile phone network is very poor, only one bar(20% network) available. Outside home, 2-3bars.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@faruk 

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and you can try to reset network settings and Changing APN Settings,
for iphone

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords,

or visit  Here link, 

APN Settings On An IPhone

click Here link, 

How to reset network settings on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  Here link,

APN Settings On Android device

click Here link,

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visit Here link,

Select the brand and model of your phone,

and try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,to refreshing your network,

*what is meant by rebooting the device turn off and turn it back on.

try to check update your device,

if you still not fix it you need to report to  TELUS Service Status

maybe is there a issue with Towers in your area,

visit to Coverage Map Here .

or Here 

and check it out is enough Towers in your area.

did you try changing your network to 3G Only?  It could help.  

@faruk 

From what we heard, telcom are busy upgrading their infrastructure to 5G .  If they are working in your area, it could have poor connection and 3G Only is a temporary work around.  Test it out and see if it helps

Of course, you can open a ticket with PM to have them to check, to open ticket with PM:

Spoiler

1. For faster response (2-48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click "Contact Us", click "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket". Then follow to complete the ticket submission.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

faruk

Problem is with phone network, only one bar shows on phone at my home. Sometimes can’t make call, can’t receive call. Two months ago everything was good. Tech support has to resolve this issue.

faruk

Problem is with phone network, only one bar shows on phone at my home. Sometimes can’t make call, can’t receive call. Two months ago everything was good. Tech support has to resolve this issue.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@faruk   is the data /internet on your phone being slow due to the poor network or your phone voice quality affected?

did you try changing your phone network setting to  3G Only  ?

@faruk 

Are you saying your signal bars on your phone are poor?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@faruk 

Some more information would be helpful.

Was your network fine prior to two months ago?  What is happening?  Poor talk quality?  Data issues? unable to send/receive texts?  Multiple phones/accounts having the same issue? Which model phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.